Sunday, 31 July 2011

PINK HURR

So you might guess I did it. 

Here is my freshly coloured pink hair. I'm not 100% sold on it yet, it's so light it will probably naturally fade in the next couple of days. I ALWAYS have some bleach at hand anyway, so if all else fails I can just bleach it away anyway...



Shiny padded jacket - Unknown vintage (ROKIT Covent Garden)
Black tee - Topshop
Hair colour - "Shocking Pink" by Stargazer. (This is by far the best pink hair dye I've ever come across and I've used plenty - including Crazy Colour)

I told my mum I was colouring my hair pink and she said "Ashleigh, please not pink". I think it's because I have a tendency to either appear really sweet/girly or grungy depending on how I dress. I guess my mum prefers sweet and girly Ashleigh.

SO, WHY PINK HAIR?

I used to religiously dye my hair pink on a day to day basis but suddenly went off the idea and decided to remain blond. I remember browsing Charlotte Free's portfolio on the IMG website and really wanting to colour mine again.


I don't know about you, but when I read VOGUE or ELLE, I always pine over the beauty section. I admire the beauty shots taken back stage at fashion shows. The best makeup I've ever seen at any show, HANDS DOWN, is at John Galliano - any season. The models are taken to a whole other planet with the signature Galliano romantic makeup. Using the term "makeup" doesn't quite cut it for me, it's more like theatrical art.

When I look at some of the close up beauty shots from Galliano's shows I fall in love and become inspired to replicate some of these hairstyles myself. The colours and textures are an explosion of youth and excitement.




I replicated this style for my Advanced Higher drama acting exam. I was Puck from "A Midsummer Nights Dream" and I applied this makeup to the "Fairy" character. It looked great.

SASHA PIVOVAROVA - A REPEAT GALLIANO OFFENDER




She is one of my favourite models so I was delighted today when she replied to the tweet I sent her! I asked her to check out the blog post I wrote about her a while ago. Click to see post


Pretty cool that she checked out the blog post I wrote about her! Feel free to add me on twitter @DearNinaNoo

We will just have to wait and see how I feel about my hair, I think it will be a very temporary thing..

Hope you are all enjoying your weekend,

xoxo

17 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm Crystin! thanks for commenting on my steampunk post :) I'm following you.

    Feel free to follow me on blogspot

    http://fashionablygeeked.blogspot.com

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG YOU LOOK TOTALLY AWESOME!!! This color accent your beautiful eyes and your skin. Great!!! :)))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally adore you with pink hair!!!!

    Just a dab of red lipstick, and you would be the most gorgeous girl around for miles and miles!! :)


    xoxo,
    Addie
    The Cat Hag
    Join My Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you're amazing!
    Beautiful hair, you totally reminds me of Lily Loveless (Naomi) during the third season of Skins.
    SO LOVELY!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi there thanks for the comment, come back anytime http://mwanwan.blogspot.com,follow me if u like it :)
    love from hong kong
    mwan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, pink so suits you! Thank you for your lovely comment, I checked out the Westwood post, loved it!!

    Love Rachel

    http://www.thefashionedition.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. hello, thank for checking out my blog! i'm really glad you did because yours is amazing. it's really different, and i imagine very 'you'. still finding my feet with mine i'm afraid.

    good job on the hair though. i've been blonde since I could walk and am petrified of change, but it really looks amazing on you. i'm following. keep it up chick. x

    http://natallino.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You rock it like no other! Wish i could pull it off haha
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. i think it looks awesome!

    xx, theemeraldsun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love this pink hair! i hope you keep it! haha my parents wouldnt ever let me dye all my hair pink either... i settled for just a streak.
    love all the make up looks too, so fierce, so inspiring.
    and awesome that you got a retweet from her!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look great! I wish I can be bold like you. <3

    xx
    Renee
    http://www.sugarstoned.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look AWESOME!! I could never, it would look weird since I'm Asian :) but love it on you.

    http://redsolesandredwine.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. awww yay! you did it i think it looks good on you! yeah it will take a while to get used to a new colour :)

    Esther x

    chocolatelondongirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your hair look so great! And charlotte free is absolutely amazing. one of my current favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMGGG, you look amaaazing in pink hair!!! you pull it off sooooo freaking well!!!

    rahelrahelrahel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. your hair looks lovely pink! I love your blog, I'm following :) I'm the same, i always skip straight to the beauty section in magazines :)
    http://www.monykafashion.blogspot.com

    xox

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments! I love reading what you have to say.

Think before you type - please don't spoil my blog with unkind words. Share the love!