I LOVE LUELLA.
She describes her style of clothes as ""the kind of clothes you can get drunk and fall over in".
To me, her clothes are "proper English" with a pixie, punky, geeky, playful, childish twist... If that is even possible? Her clothes are very today - a mish mash of juxtaposing styles that is very tongue and cheek.
To take it one step further, to me it almost reminds me of a child raking through their mother's wardrobes, clothes trunks and jewelry boxes to create looks that are so wrong, they work. I feel that this, is quintessential Luella. I feel that she breaks the rules of the runway, in a way that is so innocent. All of the models are so distinct, yet all of that classic "London Luella Girl" attitude that flows throughout of all Luella's shows.
My favourite show is Spring 2008. I think Agyness Deyn describes Luella's signature style perfectly in this video.
Especially love the cat masks - but everyone knows I am bias since I adore cats...
Luella's celebrity clientele includes Chloë Sevigny, I love this dress. It reminds me of pink glittery origami.
I have been neglecting my Fashion books recently. I've actually bought "Luella's Guide To English Style" not so long ago but I haven't got round to reading it yet. I think I will cease the opportunity to read it tonight and then blog about my feelings on it tomorrow.
Speaking of books, I have always wanted to purchase Fifi Lapin's "What Shall I Wear Today?"
The book is written by a small fluffy bunny rabbit called Fifi who advises readers on what to wear.
The fashion drawings are so appealing to me - cute little rabbits in haute couture.
Please visit Fifi Lapin's blog, http://www.fifi-lapin.blogspot.com/
She blogs images straight from the runway with a comparative fashion illustration of Fifi. So adorable.
xoxo
**Images credited to Fifi Lapin, they sadly do not belong to me**
WOW. Generally, I like but don't love fashion posts. Especially high fashion. But this is fantastic!
ReplyDeleteseven-percentsolution.blogspot.com
OMG all the dresses are adorable! very inspiring!
ReplyDeleteI'm following you now dear :) both on bloglovin&google friend
xoxo
http://ninnda.tumblr.com
I love that last dress, so beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI love that cat mask *
ReplyDeleteFollow me, if you still aren't ;)
http://ladyfashionoui.blogspot.com/
Have a fashionable day! <3
XOXO
IT *