Friday, 24 February 2012

SOPHIE HULME - PART 1 - PERSONAL STYLE

Hi everyone,

I am literally just back from London town. I had a fantastic time interning at Sophie Hulme and I am so excited to show you the photographs I captured during my time there.

I attended her Presentation in the Portico Rooms at Somerset House yesterday and it was amazing. I was backstage dressing the models into their outfits. I took lots of photographs backstage of the models getting their hair and makeup done which I am really thrilled about. I will go into further detail regarding this tomorrow however, as at the moment, I wish to focus on my 'Personal Style' - as promised. 

OUTFITTING 

My boyfriend and I went to Gordon Ramsay's restaurant 'MAZE' during our time in London as a Valentines Day treat. We also visited Jamie Oliver's restaurant a few times as we enjoy eating there so much. I would really advise anyone visiting London to eat out in Jamie's Italian - especially the one in Angel. I've been to the one in Covent Garden and it was nowhere near as good. 

And for those of you wondering, Jamie's restaurant was far better than Gordon Ramsays! The difference in price between them was phenomenal too. For beautiful food and amazing customer service at a very reasonable price - Jamie's Italian wins hands down.

Here are some of the outfits I wore to go out for meals with my boyfriend/outfits I wore to work. Pretty much everything I wear is vintage accessorised with contemporary pieces. I really enjoy mixing old and new.



Playsuit - Vintage, Beyond Retro (Soho)
Shoes - Vintage, Gucci (purchased in Beyond Retro)
Necklace and hosiery - Vivienne Westwood




Belted 60's gingham dress - Vintage, (The Closet, Aberdeen)
Burberry Mac - Vintage, (Mr Bens, Glasgow)
Black embellished shoes - Vintage (Rokit, Covent Garden)
Black bowling bag - Vivienne Westwood
Hosiery - As before


Crop top - Vintage, (Beyond Retro, Soho)
Stone washed jeans - Vintage (as above)
Black velvet shoes (Rokit, Covent Garden)






Same outfit as top, accessoried with Vivienne Westwood jacket, bag and Gucci shoes.

Here are some other vintage buys I purchased in London. My personal favourites are the Diane Von Furstenberg knitted top and the Aldo shoes. Love the turban too, I need to think carefully about what outfits to wear it with. All suggestions are very welcome!

Shoes -Vintage Aldo (Rokit, Covent Garden)


Top - Vintage, Diane Von Furstenberg (Beyond Retro, Soho)


Shoe boots - Vintage, Michael Kors (Rokit, Covent Garden)


Pumps - Marc Jacobs (Rokit Covent Garden)


Knitted sweater - Vintage, Ralph Lauren (Rokit, Covent Garden)

Socks - Tabio (Harrods) 
LOVE THESE

Turban - (Rokit, Covent Garden)

Faux fur kitten heels - Vintage (Rokit, Covent Garden)

I believe I only purchased one item that was not vintage... I've had my eyes on a pair of Creepers for a long time. After photographing street style, I felt compelled to purchase a pair as I saw so many men and women rocking them. I got mine from Topshop Oxford Street.


I think that's about it regarding London buys. On a totally different subject, my boyfriend thinks I am resembling Fearne Cotton a lot recently... I'll let you be the judge.

Shirt and tartan skirt - Vintage, (Rokit, Covent Garden)


Oh, and I got my very own London Fashion Week pass. Personalised and all. Cool, huh?



COMING SOON... BACKSTAGE PHOTOGRAPHY, GRAFFITI RESEARCH, PHILIP TREACY POST AND AN EXCLUSIVE SOPHIE HULME INTERVIEW!! ... I have to keep you waiting. Sorry!



2 comments:

  1. Lovely blog as usual
    Loved the Marc Jacobs flats
    Looking forward to next installment!
    Love you
    Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sailor t is super cute!!

    Julia
    Cup of Tea
    http://cupoftea-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments! I love reading what you have to say.

Think before you type - please don't spoil my blog with unkind words. Share the love!