I can't believe I've not blogged about this up until now, but how beautiful did Kate Moss look on her wedding day?
I love how she's stayed loyal to her friendship with John Galliano and has worn his design on the big day.
I also love how vintage rock n' roll her now husband Jamie Hince (lead singer of The Kills) looks sporting shades with his pale blue YSL tuxedo.
The silk satin Galliano creation is a dream. The gold sequin embellishment creates curving patterns similar to ivy that crawl up Moss' leg like something out of a fairy tale. The dress exudes an understated glamour (its not exactly Carrie Bradshaw SATC style) which works so well on Moss with that petite and slender frame. Everything from the cut to the fabric is a work of art. I have graphic images of Galliano workers working all night to hand sew those beautiful sequins on.
Moss' hair is angelic with soft waves that shape around her cat-like face. I love this too.
The lace edged veil steals the show for me. It's so ghost-like with its flowing layers. Rather reminiscent of the post I wrote not so long ago about Gaultier's pirate brides.
How far she has come since her days of being a young 17 year old - wearing wedding dresses for fun.
Moss photographed by Michael Wooly in 1991.
I wish Kate all of the best with her new marriage! I love weddings and I love Kate Moss so writing this post has been a joy.
Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend also!
xoxo
Great post! She looks beautiful in that unique gown! Great blog btw I just came across it. I love your vacation wardrobe shots. I'm following!! :) check mine out sometime! I'm pretty into vintage maybe you'd like to follow back?
ReplyDeleteSuch a gorgeous dress!
ReplyDeleteGreat blog - it's clear you have a complete passion for fashion!
Rhiannon x
Nice post. :D Love it :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the sweet comment on my blog. I follow back! ;D
Loved her veil. was so pretty and so her.
ReplyDeleteLovely blog too. :)
X
http://dresseddamsel.blogspot.com/
So pretty I haven't had time to look at all my blogs about her dress but glad to see the images on yours.
ReplyDeletehttp://redsolesandredwine.com
The dress was beautiful, a very stylish couple :)
ReplyDelete