Hello lovelies!
Thank you so much for such a positive response to my recent blogs. You have no idea how much it means to me to read your kind words and to find new followers who are GENUINELY interested in what I have to say.
I'm going to write a quick post before I start getting ready for my holiday (my boyfriend is picking me up in about an hour...EEEEEEEEEEEK!!)
Lets be real today. This blog is about negativity with the mentioning of one of my idols - Tyra Banks.
Victoria Secret Show 2005
All my life I've been subjected to people that do not like me, jealousy and negativity - even recently.
I don't understand why, I like to think I keep out of the majority of negativity that goes on around me. Arguments and hating on other people is not something that appeals to me anymore. I grew out of that, especially when I realised I had my life in my hands as I was moving away from home to attend University.
I don't know if I have a giant label across my forehead that says I'm arrogant or cocky and deserve to be talked about, but I don't appreciate it. Sometimes I feel like some sort of mini celebrity that everyone feels like they can pull away pieces of me in the hopes that eventually, I might crack - this will never happen.
Having to deal with so much criticism my whole life over boys, jobs, money, friendships have given me really tough skin. I've developed a care free attitude for this kind of negativity.
I write this blog not to rant or release hot air, I write this to let all of you know that if you feel like you're being picked on or you're surrounded by jealousy, it's okay to admit that as aggravating as it is, there is no need to CARE. Don't CARE about what other people think. Never change who you are because ultimately, the people that are negative towards you, are angry at themselves because they can't change.
I know this because I once used to be a jealous and angry person, before I changed. I took my frustrations out on others.
When I write this blog, I think of one episode of the Tyra Banks Show that I will ALWAYS remember. Tyra is a huge inspiration to me and has been since I was young. Watch this clip - she speaks unbelievable truths.
HOW AMAZING IS SHE??? She is so courageous. I admire this woman for her bravery. She is such a source of strength for me.
Have a lovely weekend everyone, thanks for your kind words and reading my blog!
Be happy with what you have - its easier to love rather than HATE on other peple. And if people are making you feel terrible about yourself, don't let them. You are fabulous just the way you are.
xoxo
This post is awesome . x hivenn
ReplyDeleteNEat post!
ReplyDeleteThanks for your lovely comments
My Lyfe ; My Story
High Five. I love Tyra banks too! I agree with u that she is courageous. And I think she has great vision!
ReplyDeleteSorry that people haven't been treating you well lately! They are, as you say jealous, and you will get through it with your kick ass attitude and positive spirit! I wish you the best of luck, and think that this is such a great post on your part with a great video from the queen Tyra!
ReplyDeleteMuch love,
The Internet Garbage
She is really amazing, so beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI love this post. I'm a big fan of Tyra probably down to America's NTM and then her own show and I really do love her.
ReplyDeleteHope you have a great hol
Charlee x
Hey Lady.
ReplyDeleteI Just nominated you for a "Your Blog is Fabulous" award on my site.. Congrats
Tammy
http://afendibagandabadattitude.blogspot.com/
wow, such a lovely post
ReplyDeletehttp://www.etsy.com/shop/Rosabellebyvasu
she is fabulous! great post!
ReplyDeletexx
www.sickbytrend.com
Loving this post!
ReplyDeleteI love this post so much. And I love love that video as well! Thank you for such an honest post, I love it!
ReplyDeleteWow I totally understand where you're coming from. As a woman, I feel so ostracized sometimes that I want to smack a B whenever she gives me a dirty look. By as a psychology major, I understand why women gossip and put each other down. Instead of using physical aggression like men do to show dominance and gain the interest of women and such, women use words and isolation. I hate being that target. Thank you for sharing and you have a lovely blogger. :) I look forward to your future posts.
ReplyDeletehttp://melsu-melsu.blogspot.com
hey there nice blog and i like the layout :), check out my blog, follow me if u like it
ReplyDeletehttp://mwanwan.blogspot.com
x
Great post! I stopped caring about what others thought of me long time ago. These days, I have a love me or hate me attitude. :)
ReplyDeleteI hear ya! i think some girls are just targeted, but I don't know why. I have always been one of those girls...whether my nose, thinness, or big butt.
ReplyDelete