Today has been a good day indeed!
I got my University results through so I can now officially say I have passed first year Fashion Communication and I have "qualified" for second year. I got good grades too which is always a bonus! My parents are very proud.
I've decided to dedicate today's post to Nicki Minaj. Her cousin was very recently murdered, all my thoughts go out to Nicki Minaj and her family at this time.
I would say that Nicki Minaj is one of my favourite celebrities of the moment. I love any celebrity that has a sense of mystery surrounding them, or has something about them that is quite strange. For me, I find Nicki so fascinating as she is so theatrical in the way that she presents herself - from her wardrobe choices, her ever-changing hair styles, her close relationship with rapper Drake and that bazaar London accent she so proudly demonstrates in some of her singles. I find her a bit of a mystery. I've watched countless interviews with her and I think she is fabulous.
Some say she is copying Lil Kim or Lady Gaga, but I do not believe this at all. Of course, any idiot can make comparisons between Nicki and other rappers/singers/artists, but I believe that she is a star in her own right.
I think it is the whole aesthetic that makes up Nicki Minaj that I find so endearing. Although the alter ego's she takes on from time to time add this - AKA, the "London" accent and the Barbie/BARBZ character she plays.
Here are some of my favourite outfits Nicki has worn.
Jeremy Scott Fall 2011
Christopher Kane Cruise Collection
Givenchy Fall 2007 Couture
Listening to the tracks from her album "Pink Friday" makes me feel happy as it reminds me of getting the tube to work whilst I was living in London. My fashion internship at Philip Treacy was so unpredictable at times I would sometimes feel a bit anxious on my way to work in the morning, so listening to Nicki Minaj's upbeat and catchy songs would allow my mind to wander to more pleasant thoughts.
Speaking of Nicki Minaj and Barbie - what do you guys think of this Pauls Boutique bag, HONESTLY?
Sorry, my cat Nina likes bags...
My boyfriend purchased it for me a while ago and I've only used it whilst I was at University for my sewing supplies. I cannot express to you ENOUGH how far from my personal style this bag is - but there is something about it that draws me to it... It's so sickly sweet and reminds me of being a little kid again.
Of course Nicki Minaj herself has not worn this bag (to my knowledge), but elements of it remind me of her style.
Ooh sparkles...
Barbie heads
Zebra interior?!
I tend not to like any Paul's Boutique bags whatsoever as I generally do not appreciate the style of them... So why on earth do I own quite possibly, one of their most outrageous designs?
Let me know what you think - no offence will be taken!
xoxo
These pictures are so cool! Nice post!
ReplyDeleteThank you for the lovely comment, dear!
Loves,
Rowan
www.redreidinghood.blogspot.com
I love your blog! hahahaha! "if you don't wear lipstick, i can't talk to you!" genius! keep it up!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your first year!
-xox-
http://lesbeauxetlesbelles.blogspot.com/
Haha!! I LOOVE your blog, and this post!! :)
ReplyDeletesuch a huge fan :)
btw, im doing a giveaway for a YSL shirt on my blog http://rahelrahelrahel.blogspot.com
hope you'll check it out!!!
xx
Follow me
ReplyDeletewww.melissasglamourworld.blogspot.com
Thanks (:
Nice blog
it's so pink!
ReplyDeleteit kinda reminds me of Paris Hilton tho
maybe because of the barbie word?
<3
http://escapesweetest.blogspot.com/
Love the first hair!
ReplyDeleteLOVE that colored hair of hers... Nicki is so adorable!
ReplyDeleteAnd, LOVE that Barbie bag! :D SO girly girl!