I've had such a boring day today...
Went for my daily run and now my legs are in PAIN, sat in my back garden for a while then retreated back into my house shortly after, watched a documentary on how the earth would defend itself if we were to encounter an alien invasion.... Y'know, the usual.
I didn't get round to watching "The Cat Returns" either :( ... I wait up late every night waiting for my boyfriend to call me from offshore (we only get to talk a couple of times a day for a few minutes at a time) and after that I was so fatigued, I conked out and didn't rise until after 1PM...
To ignite some enthusiasm, I've decided to write a little bit about one of my many favourite Designers - Gareth Pugh.
When I was interning at Philip Treacy's studio, I met him on my last day! (Lets not be too romantic, it was a "hello, hi, how are you?, good, great!" conversation, but I was delighted nonetheless).
I love his Gothic, surreal, alien-like, over the top, dark and sinister creations.
PARIS FW FALL 2011 - GARETH PUGH
There is something kind of "cyber-goth"/MATRIX-esque about this collection.
The layers are so structured and shell like. I love the contrasting blue crepe half way though the show. Simple, yet beautiful and elegant.
Then, it gets even better. An infusion of gold, glitter sequins, hoods, leather.
The models remind me of alien-esque insect-like creatures. You can just catch a glimpse of the LED mouthpieces they wear on the finale walk to enhance the creature-esque effect. (See picture below).
Its always the finer details that amuse me. When watching any runway show I try and pay particular attention to the styling techniques applied. The LED mouth pieces, the applique cardboard-cut-out eye pieces, the flyaway hair. Genius.
Really proud to say I met Gareth Pugh. If you could meet any designer, who would it be..?
xoxo
I love his clothes too, he always seems to take his inspiration from the dark side, but that's what makes his clothes magical and so brilliant! :)
ReplyDeletexoxo,
Addie
The Cat Hag
This is such a futuristic collection!
ReplyDeletex
Michelle
www.michellesstylefile.blogspot.com
You have a way with your words, Ashleigh. Amazing :) Followed you already! Looking forward to more posts!
ReplyDeleteGareth Pugh is always putting out jaw-dropping collections. This one doesn't disappoint!
ReplyDeleteMaryjane xoxo
This is really interesting.
ReplyDeleteAmazing! I always wonder how designers are in real life.. I'd kill to meet Christophe Decarnin creative director of my favorite brand Balmain! He is so amazing, can't believe all of the things I love is in his pretty little head!
ReplyDeleteI also want to let you know that I am so thankful for you lovely comment on my blog and for stopping by in general, I really appreciate it! Rings are one of my favorite jewellery! Love it! If you have purchased some new rings, do a blogpost about it, I always love to check out what other people got!
I'd love to hear from you again!
Love,
Rock 'n Style
http://www.rocknstyleblog.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/RocknStyle
I love Gareth Pugh - he's always one step ahead in the fashion world. Hope he does an affordable diffusion line one day! ;)
ReplyDeletehttp://soulisrainingclothes.blogspot.com