Monday, 20 December 2010

"Ma Maison de Rêve" - My Dream House.

This idea of mine, is quite literally, my dream house.

I have no idea why that, at least once a month, I dream of living in the same apartment in Paris. It's a reoccurring dream I've had for about a year now. I wake up in my french boudoir, get ready for "work" (this is implied through my ensemble, as I am always wearing a sharp tailored and very expensive looking suit - although I never find out where I actually work) and then I visit the same open plan cafe to retrieve my morning crepe or croissant (it just depends how I feel on the day in regards to what one). I then casually sit on a flight of steps leading up to the town centre, and eat my breakfast blissfully. End of dream.

James and I recently began discussing my dream and wondering if it was possible in the future. I am a firm believer in "karma" and "destiny" as I am quite a wishful thinker, so I'd like to believe that this dream symbolizes something, even just a trip to Paris on my own in the future would fulfil my urge to answer why I keep having this strange dream. I always imagine myself living in the top floor of the apartment, with a large balcony that provides a gorgeous panoramic view.


Outside of French apartment.


Lovely colours.


My idea of "my bedroom". I love the tiling on the floor - tiled floors in bedrooms also suggest to me that the room is European, (and it has a balcony!).


I imagine my house having long corridors.


Ideas for different living rooms.


Art Deco tiles.


What the outside of my Dream House may look like.


This view would be perfect.



The Cafe in my dreams, kind of.


There is a certain something - a je ne sais quoi, about Paris that is so romantic. It oozes sex appeal and smells expensive. It's really bizarre that although I've never actually been there, it feels so familiar to me. Ideally, I'd love to work there if I am fortunate enough to receive some sort of placement or even a permanent job there. Working in the Fashion Industry is a job that is guaranteed to take you places, as I can't see myself getting a successful or aspirational job in Aberdeen doing a job that is Fashion related. Therefore, I think that since, as a Fashion student, I am pretty much destined to move away for my career, it would make perfect sense to travel outwith Britain to somewhere such as Paris.

Paris is responsible for giving birth to many credited designers such as Coco Chanel, Christian Lacroix, Hubert de Givenchy, Hermès, Nina Ricci and probably my most favourite French designer, Jean-Paul Gaultier.

My dream is not only to live in Paris one day in the not-so-distant future, but to also hopefully work for one of these designers. This would be a dream come true.

I am well aware my house will most certainly not look like any of the pictures I have sourced from Google, as I am not a multi-millionaire yet. However, I will continue to dream as fortunately for me, a dream has no restrictions.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave comments! I love reading what you have to say.

Think before you type - please don't spoil my blog with unkind words. Share the love!