Friday, 29 July 2011

DETOX SMOOTHIE SAVES THE DAY

Hi everyone :))

I'm having quite a crummy day today - my boyfriend just left to go offshore for three weeks today so I won't see him for a while. He's my best friend so this makes me very sad indeed. I feel like a love-sick puppy!

I also got my laptop back and have spent most of my evening downloading I-Tunes, Skype and other programmes since my laptops been wiped. THANKFULLY, I still had all of my photographs and important documents, but everything else - GONE.

Before I took on this task I went into town to meet my friend Claire. I wore a really cute vintage jacket which I've featured in a few of my other posts. It was the first time I'd worn it out and I love it - it smells of Chanel No 5 and old people.

It has HUGE shoulder pads. I like it because my outfit was pretty boring minus my accessories so the print jazzed my look up a little.
Floral jacket - unknown vintage (ROKIT Covent Garden)
Blondie tee - River Island
Grey leggings - Topshop
White jelly shoes - "Mel" (Topshop Oxford St)
Faux croc bag - Vivienne Westwood
Resin skull necklance - Vivienne Westwood

My Vivienne Westwood bag and necklace are now my signature pieces. I wear them with anything when I'm going anywhere - contrasting to how when I first got them I only took them to fancy outings. Funny how accessories can cling to you so quickly? My Pandora charm bracelet and my over sized ring have soon fallen into the same category.

Pandora charm bracelet with personal charms - silver turtle, owl and "cat" (looks more like a bunny to me) and two glass charms. The green glass charm and the owl are my favourites.

I always mean to add to my charm bracelet but never get round to it. I gave up after visiting one of the Pandora stores in London and discovered they had no silver fox charms (apparently Pandora don't make fox animal charms... I find this sad yet hard to believe)

Oversized diamonte ring? I'm not sure what to call it. My boyfriend bought me it a couple of years ago in Ireland. I love it and I think it's very beautiful, when I look at it I'm reminded of him.

My friend and I went to our usual hang out - Aberdeen's Kilau Coffee. It's pretty much an Aberdonians equvialent to "Central Perk" in Friends.

The interior of the coffee shop is beautiful. The walls are rife with amateur artists framed work for sale and the ceiling is decorated with these adorable lights - paper lampshades with dangling espresso cups.

I'm back to eating healthily now - officially.
Before I went on holiday I decided to beat my tummy blubber and eat super healthily. Since returning from Turkey one thing has lead to another and I've not been able to eat healthily constantly, but now I'm back to eating healthy. Without sounding too obvious, this then lead to me having a healthy lunch.

I've never blogged about food before - but this lunch was rather amazing.

Pepper and walnut salad with marinated peppers, raisons and honey mustard.

Detox smoothie - blended pineapple and raspberry.

I'm back to Kilau tomorrow afternoon so I may have the same again!

I hope this bad mood does not last much longer, I'm missing my boyfriend very much. Blogging helps me take my mind off of day-to-day troubles however.

Thank you again everyone, for helping me reach +100 followers.

xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Aww, that jacket is so cute! I love how you described the smell haha :)

    Sorry you're feeling sad, missing your boyfriend! I understand how you feel... but you have it much worse! My boyfriend lives only 20 minutes away (but sometimes it feels like an eternity).

    Keep smiling and keep looking cute :)

    Best,
    Danielle
    http://loveandlookpretty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw i love your blog! it's so cute! and your ring in this post is gorgeous!


    www.clothesmaiden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute jacket and I love your nail polish blue always looks so great I wear it all the time. thanks for visiting my blog and nice to meet you
    XX Ilana
    http://mymodernvintagefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe I'm sorry about the bf leaving, time will fly by fast. Idk what I would do if my bf left over seas..ahhhh!

    Haha, well I am following, return the love and thanks for the comment doll.

    http://lea-oh-lea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely blog you have!!! I just followed yer blog! both at Bloglovin and google <3 it's so nice and i love your accessories!!!

    http://charitrinidad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. your jacket and bag are perfect :)))
    I can't find words to describe how great thigs you have...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments! I love reading what you have to say.

Think before you type - please don't spoil my blog with unkind words. Share the love!