Tuesday, 5 July 2011

Attack Of The Pirate Brides - Gaultier Spring 2008

Today I went into town with my mum. Here is what I wore to go shopping with her.

I tend not to upload photo's of myself wearing outfits often as that's not really the style of my blog, but I quite liked what I was wearing today!


For those interested...
"Customised" Blondie T-Shirt (I hacked into it with a pair of fabric scissors one day when I was angry) - River Island years ago.
Cardigan - Topshop
Necklace - Unknown vintage (courtesy of my loving neighbour)
Cropped pants - Rokit Vintage London (Covent Garden store)
Shoes - HOH!
Bag - Vivienne Westwood

I usally wear LOTS of dark purple MAC lipstick, but its quite a dark and wintery colour. I'm trying to embrace Summer by looking as bare faced as possible.

My mother and I got our feet bitten by little fish today. It was so strange, I thought I was going to wet myself with laughter.


Sorry... I had to take a picture to show everyone.

I then went to H&M and bought an array of holiday t-shirts for when me and my boyfriend go away! (I understand my last blog sounded like we'd split up or something, but fortunately not, he's offshore just now and comes back Monday).

Speaking of fish, a designer who notably took influence from not only fish, but mermaids and pirates, is Jean Paul Gaultier.

 
Jean Paul Gaultier - Spring 2008, Paris Fashion Week

I've always had such an admiration for Gaultier from a young age. This show may be old, but it still remains contemporary to me. It's so playful, sexy and rather androgynous at times. I love how the models power down the runway, like haggard pirate phantoms. I especially love the PIRATE BRIDES at the end of the show. Theatrical brilliance. Westwood meets Galliano.




I feel that Gaultier has such an indisputable understanding of the female frame. No other Fashion Designer quite understands a womans body like Gaultier.

 Some of my favorite models were also featured in this show.

Sasha Pivovarova

Chanel Iman

Lily Donaldson

Lily Cole

Gemma Ward

Army chic meets Captain Jack Sparrow - I LOVE.

xoxo

P.S... Thank you, I am now on 60+ followers. I am so grateful.

13 comments:

  1. Hehe, sorry for misunderstanding your previous post , I have an excuse : it's ~ 1 am in my country (blushing)
    anyway, I am grateful that you are following and reading my blog , looking forward to seeing those summer photos :D !

    Take care ,doll!

    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally understand Patricia, your concern is lovely though <3

    It's 11PM here, nearly sleep time! -_-

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. the white looks are so pretty!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your personal style! effortlessly fun and funky :)
    -Kati
    http://secondhandfantasyland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are adorable! Beautiful photos. Love your blog!

    www.paigelyse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your outfit!
    espesh the trousers!

    http://blushandzero.blogspot.com/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah! I can't believe you got the little fish treatment done! Does it have a proper name? Or can I just call it the little fish treatment? :P Did you notice any difference afterwards?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg! I saw that fish treatment on this American TV show called iCarly! Haha I didn't think it was real!! What did you think of it? Thanks for the comment by the way! I like that ring, too :)

    Cool Gaultier feature, btw!!

    xoxx Monica from fandml.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. fish treatment? and have fun on your holiday with your boyfriend!
    Forever Chic,
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's pretty much just called "fish foot treatment"... Quite bizaare really.

    My feet feel a tiny bit softer, it was so tickly :D

    Thanks everyone,

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. i am going to get a fishy pedi next month before my bff's wedding. i can't wait!! did you like it? do you think they did a better job than tools the technician's use?

    cheryl
    a peek of chic

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow great outfit! I love the pants so much and I want your bag haha :D
    I had ever tried feet bitten by little fish, its fun and healthy for your feet! :)
    and yes I love Gaultier too! :D

    http://ninnda.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi my 1st time on your blog. I love the combination of what u wore- dark red, black and printed maroon loose pants. U look so cool.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments! I love reading what you have to say.

Think before you type - please don't spoil my blog with unkind words. Share the love!