Monday, 4 July 2011

Vintage jewels Monday

I have a kind of crazy neighbour that lives across the street from me...

She often gives me GENUINE vintage pieces. She's given me tons of bags from the 40's/50's (I wrote a post about this ages ago) but recently, she's now moved on to giving me jewelry.

She has been so kind and donated some lovely pieces to me. There is a beautiful selection of costume jewelry ranging from beaded necklaces to gem encrusted brooches.

She assures me that although the jewelry materials are not precious, she simply cannot part with them. I feel delighted that they've been passed on to me. I'm such a hoarder - I can almost guarantee I shall be passing these down to a granddaughter in many years to come. They will last the test of time, trust me.












I enjoy photographing accessories, they don't talk or fidget...

I really like all the pieces - especially the pendant with the embroidery bird!

I wore my favourite pair of leggings today, I then realised that I looked terribly patriotic. Happy 4th July :)
I'm thankful to be blessed with great health and a wonderful family. Recently I've went on a manic health-kick which involves eating healthily and running everyday, I can honestly say I've never felt better.



Hopefully its another lovely day tomorrow so I can laze in my garden with my companion Mr Nikon. I am beginning to become incredibly lonesome and needy since my boyfriend and I parted ways 3 weeks ago. On the other hand, the count down is on to our holiday to Turkey (1 week on Thursday). Oh the joys.

TONIGHT - I WILL WATCH THE CAT RETURNS... Finally.

xoxo

P.S. (Speaking of accessories.....) Check out this blog http://leathershock.blogspot.com/ excellent give-away taking place.


9 comments:

  1. Sorry about your boyfriend :( Come to my blog though, and find some good music to help cheer you up!

    http://www.theinternetgarbage.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had a neighbor like that :D What a sweet woman.

    Also, you'll LOVE the Cat Returns. That studio always create the most amazing films. I think my favorite by them has to be Howl's Moving Castle. Check that one out too if you haven't already :D

    Yasmeen
    Castle Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, I love it all! The rose broche and the bird necklace are amazing! Your legging really rock!

    Thank you for your lovely comment! Would you like to follow each other? If so, just follow me and I'll follow you back!

    Loves,
    Rowan

    www.redreidinghood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honey do you realize how damn lucky you are! Wow.. Such a nice lady. And so much luck for you! Those pieces are unique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have so much jewelry & it's all so unique and pretty! I want them all ;) Lucky girl!

    xo katie elizabeth
    ohheyylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a wonderful neighbor you have! This makes me really nostalgic; it reminds me of going into my grandmother's room when I was little and sorting through her jewelry boxes. So much fun! Enjoy those pieces - can't wait to see you sporting some of them in future posts :)
    Best,
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that pendant, too. Your neighbor rocks! Have fun on your date with your Nikon. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone - I'm very lucky!

    Lets be clear, boyfriend and I = not split up!! I realise that how I said "parted ways" implies this, but no, he works offshore and comes home Monday! He's been away for 3 weeks now, hence why I'm sad and lonely :( :( ... He's coming back on Monday and we are going on holiday for a week! :D I just wanted to clear this up before I get any more concerned comments. Thank you for everyone being so supportive though heh heh heh :D :D <3 <3

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omg, so lucky!! I too love the necklace with the embroidered bird!!! Cute leggings!:-)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments! I love reading what you have to say.

Think before you type - please don't spoil my blog with unkind words. Share the love!