Thursday, 28 July 2011

BRIDESMAIDS

Yesterday my boyfriend and I went to the cinema to see "Bridesmaids". It was hilarious and totally well worth seeing, after hearing about how funny it was meant to be - it certainly did not disappoint. I especially loved the bit where all of the girls are trying on dresses in the bridal shop - for those of you who have not seen the film, I will not ruin it for you. Hopefully some of you will read this and know why I found this part of the film so memorable...


I've watched SATC The Movie hundreds of times over and always feel compelled to write a "Bridal Blog" when I watch the notorious scene of Carrie Bradshaw trying on haute couture wedding dresses for Vogue.

With "THE Royal Wedding" still fresh in my mind (I worked at Philip Treacy during this hectic time, who designed the vast majority of millinery that was seen on the big day) as is Kate Middleton's fairytale dress. The elegance, the timelessness, the beauty, THE LACE...

And who could forget Kate Moss's wedding? I'm already on top of this as I've blogged about her dress previously.

Weddings appeal to me like no other. When I think of them my heart flutters. The thought of me wearing the most important dress of my life in the near future is so scary yet exciting. 

Here is a selection of some contemporary bridesmaids dresses that I love. Are they fashion forward? I'd have to say yes - they are not exactly traditional? But, would I choose them on MY big day? Who knows?

ASHLEY ISHAM BRIDESMAID DRESSES







HERE COMES THE FINALE BRIDE, ALL DRESSED IN ASHLEY ISHAM...

Very risque. Like a walking phantom mermaid.

Also love these contemporary examples of modern wedding dresses.

LANVIN



But if I had to choose my own special dress for the big day, it would have to be a fusion of lace and fantasy. Not as cutting edge as the previous masterpieces. 
I would look no further than Vivienne Westwood - shock horror, I know.

VIVIENNE WESTWOOD BRIDAL DRESSES






And if I were to choose accessories, Philip Treacy - hands down.

PHILIP TREACY GOLD "FLYAWAY BOW" S/S 11


In an ideal world, what designer would you wear on the big day?

xoxo



10 comments:

  1. really nice picks :) absolutely love the lace one.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love every single one of these dresses and I love your blog.
    That is why I want to present you One Lovely Blog award because your blog is sooo lovely.

    If you have any questions go to
    http://confessionsoffashionistas.blogspot.com/

    Thanks again. :DD

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love love love this movie too! i thought it was so funny-i was laughing the whole time! and i love these dresses-so gorgeous! :)

    thelibertybelleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I yet to check out that movie but will definitely do so!! Looks fun and amazing to watch!

    ps, I'm falling in love with Ashley Isham thx to your post! ;)

    xx
    Erika
    http://www.erika-t.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post! and to answer you're question,
    I would wear Vera Wang!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the blue gown!

    I am have three giveaways on my blog =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I gotta see this movie.. Oh how I love this post.. Very cute

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vera Wang of course ;) when I saw the "Bride Wars" I just fell in love with her dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love Philip Treacy, and feel he is one of the most talented in what he does!

    THAT HEAD PIECE <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all these dresses really nice:) I watched this film whilst I was in Kent its so funny!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments! I love reading what you have to say.

Think before you type - please don't spoil my blog with unkind words. Share the love!