Today my friends and I watched a documentary about plastic surgery operations that have gone drastically wrong. Although I expected the programme to be hilarious and disgusting - that, it was, what I did not expect was to feel so shocked and moved once the programme had finished.
We were all amazed to discover that Hollywood's baby, Marilyn Monroe, had previously had plastic surgery before she passed away.
Words cannot describe how much I admire Marilyn Monroe. Although there are many qualities of her personality I adore, I have to admit that I am predominantly infatuated by her aesthetically, and I will always see her as a style icon.
Finding out she had previously had plastic surgery made me see the whole process of having your body tampered with, and the risks you may suffer due to the consequences of this, in a totally different light.
Although Marliyn Monroe is breath-takingly beautiful the way god made her, dare I say she looks.... Better with having the plastic surgery?
I would like to take a moment to remember Marilyn Monroe as a style icon and one of the most beautiful and influential women in the world. She is a powerful and inspiring woman with a vision. But most of all, I'd like to thank Marilyn Monroe for allowing me to pass Higher English. Without her inspiring of the poet, Edwin Morgan, which lead him to write, "The Death Of Marilyn Monroe", I would have continued to fall asleep in English and not pay attention.... I would like to confess that other than when we were studying this poem, I did in fact do this.
xoxo



No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave comments! I love reading what you have to say.
Think before you type - please don't spoil my blog with unkind words. Share the love!