http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF3Rf896yL0
For CCS we were asked to research a contemporary or up and coming musician who may influence fashion. Although I chose the 5,6,7,8's because they are bad ass and were featured in Kill Bill Vol 1, I considered researching Kevin Lien too.
Its amazing how artists are actually being discovered on Youtube nowadays. Justin Bieber, for example, was discovered by Usher and Justin Timberlake on this website. Although I don't like Justin Bieber, or his music style, I admire anyone who happens to accidentally stumble into fame by beginning at the bottom of the "musical food chain". Kevin Lien sings for the public and has a large growing fanbase all over the world. He dedicated this video to his fans and inserted them miming to the original within the video. At the end of the link, Kevin Lien also shows where he bought all of his T-Shirts that he wears throughout the sequence. I don't know if this feeds into Fashion Marketing or Fashion Communication, or both, but its a clever idea from a fashion students point of view.
I think this is a beautiful interpretation of the original, and is MUCH better than the original too.
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave comments! I love reading what you have to say.
Think before you type - please don't spoil my blog with unkind words. Share the love!