Myself, my parents and Fiona took the journey back to Aberdeen, and in the car I got to thinking how close I have become with the self proclaimed "Gala Girls". I already miss all the bloc A ladies, Fiona, Mairi, and of course, Rachel and Rhoda. Although I am ecstatic to be home, Galashiels has been my home since September, and its a strange experience being back in Aberdeen after not being here since my last visit nearly two months ago. It also feels strange knowing that I have nothing to aspire to during the Christmas break, as all my work was handed in to the best of my ability. There was rumours of a "Christmas Project" I believe, however I am pesimistic.
It's a lovely feeling being home again. I severely dislike blogs or uneccesary cheesy posts about lovers and relationships as I believe that love should speak for itself unless you can't help but share it with the world. For this, I am sorry, as I am about to contradict myself indignantly.
Last night my boyfriend and I stayed up all night (till 6 in the morning) talking about how long we've been together and how much we really mean to one another. It made me feel grateful for the appreciation I do receive from home, as its too easy to become entwined in my own little world whilst living in Galashiels. I am so glad to be home and have someone to share my secrets, disbelief's, sadness and randomly spewed thoughts with. And to put it bluntly, I've really missed cuddles and knowing James is just down the road if I ever need just that... He's so inspiring and we have shaped one another to who we have become today. We've been together for three years this January and I like how he is sharing my experiences through my moving out to University with me. xxx
Me and James over the years (in chronological order)
Tomorrow, I am going out with one of my best friends - Claire. We are going for coffee in the renowned Aberdonian coffee shop, Kilau. Kilau is swave, cool and full of amateur artwork, all and all, it is the type of place any fashion student would adore and it is here that you will more than likely find me, or my friends whilst being in Aberdeen. I'm then going for a spot of Christmas shopping as James has his eye on a pair of Kurt Geiger's.
Right now, I feel really grateful to have the friends I've got in Galashiels, but I also feel overwhelmed to be home once more surrounded by the people who inspired me to move to Galashiels in the first place. These people are who I hold close to my heart no matter how far away I may be.
xoxo
P.S. Thanks to my conversation with Mairi MacLeod, I can't wait to have a bath, as we could never bring ourselves to have one in Galashiels. I think a visit to Lush may be in order tomorrow...
Sweet Dreams.




No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave comments! I love reading what you have to say.
Think before you type - please don't spoil my blog with unkind words. Share the love!