Monday, 15 August 2011

VIVIENNE WESTWOOD A/W 11 CAMPAIGN

That's right. Another post about my idol.

Just caught a glimpse of Westwood's latest ad campaign shot by Juergen Teller. This campaign highlights Westwood's recent work with the Ethical Fashion Programme in Africa.









 I browsed the website for further details...

Vivienne Westwood has once again partnered with the ITC (International Trade Centre) in the Ethical Fashion Programme. This programme now supports over 7,000 women, who have a strong desire to improve their lives. Through the Programme’s extensive network, some of the poorest people in the world now have access to a job. The income earned enables children to attend school. It pays for medical expenses. It ensures other basic needs can be met. All those involved in Vivienne Westwood’s Ethical Fashion Africa collection are empowered by the pride they take in their work and the new skills learnt. The aim is that many will start their own companies and train the next generation of skilled work.

"It's quite incredible to think that we might save the world through Fashion" - Vivienne Westwood.

I admire her passion so much, what an opportunity to provide to some of the worlds poorest people. She does this whilst protecting the environment! I think we need more people in the world like her.


I am in love with some of the pieces from her Ethical Fashion Africa Collection.





"WORK - NOT CHARITY!" 

I think these handbags are really quirky and unique - unlike anything I have seen the Designer create thus far.

I would do ANYTHING to work for her one day.

Also love the styling in her Paris Fall/Winter 2011 show. Zombie/ghost bride finale with glitter monsters in between... You'd have to see it to believe it. I love the macabre grins the models pull as they reach the end of the runway.  





In typical Westwood style the bride launches her bouquet into the audience as she meets the end of the runway. I would give so much to attend one of her shows!

I think Westwood could do anything and I'd still love her. There is no designer quite like her - very much one of a kind. 

xoxo

P.S. Tomorrow I shall be posting images from the Fashion show I attended yesterday. There will be plenty of photographs and an interview to accompany. Keep your eyes peeled followers...

5 comments:

  1. These are amazing photos! This is definitely fashion with a cause....but with so much more passion. Her designs and other work is so fierce, I love it. :)

    forte-espressivo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG vivienne westwood although in that age, she never grows old inside! Which is good I mean, look at her designs! LOVE, glad u blog about this, LOVE this post!!!

    ps, because ure so lovely and writes amazing posts, Ive decided to pass the love and award u with some blog awards, check out the link for more info :)

    http://erika-t.blogspot.com/2011/08/overwhelmed-with-love.html

    xx
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. she really is amazing. x

    ashleighduncan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your post dear, especially the last bride
    xoxo
    Decimal Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  5. second bag is....♥
    do you think that zombie trend will be picked up by bloggers? :D
    I can't imagine myself as crazy zombie which is eating somebody's brain :D:D I'm kidding of course ;p but I really think, that make up is interesting...

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments! I love reading what you have to say.

Think before you type - please don't spoil my blog with unkind words. Share the love!