A match made in heaven. Armani garments with Philip Treacy millinery. One of my favourite shows this year.
When I was interning at Philip Treacy for two months at the beginning of Summer, I saw the samples of the Armani hats being created before my eyes. As you can imagine, I saw a lot of hats whilst I was working there, but none took my breath away quite as much as the hats created for Armani Paris Haute Couture - and they were only samples.
Clearly oriental inspired, this collection is so mesmerising. I love how the floral patterned silk contrasts with the harsh blocked black velvet. I'm in awe of the handbags from this show too, so elegant and simply beautiful.
My favourite bag from the collection - this long velvet clutch with the amber jewel. Look at the heron fastening!
From the simple felt bow head pieces to the elaborate geisha-esque works of art, the Philip Treacy millinery that accompanies this show compliments the style so well. Obviously, I am bias considering Philip Treacy can do no wrong in my eyes, but I really believe that his hats steal the show for me. The garments are so sleek, sexy and sultry and I feel that the hats marry with the clothing so beautifully. The hats are architectural and structural, therefore they contrast so charmingly with the slick clothes.
Some of the hats mimic the hairstyles of Japanese women.
Others are bows that replicate Obi knots.
And some are enchanted Japanese blossoms
This show is so perfect to me - the drama, the colours, the materials and the flair. To me this show is so appealing because of the neat contrasts between sleek and harsh. On one hand, I love the sharp origami silhouettes but we are also being introduced to soft tailoring with the silk sheath like garments. These two combinations just work so gorgeously. Absolutely beautiful.
Simple tailored printed silk fabrics following the natural contours of the models silhouette
Bolder folded origami style structured clothing is later introduced.
This is a show to be admired on so many levels. From the prints to the fabric. From the jewels to the accessories. This show is desirable to any audience.
Please please watch this. The hats and garments become more and more beautiful as the show progresses.
STUNNING.
xoxo






























Got here via IFB, and I love what you're writing! Keep it up!
ReplyDeleteCome by Intrepid Inspirations if you haven't already
X Zoe X
http://intrepidinspirations.blogspot.com
Oh my goodness they are all so gorgeous! I'd love to see you in one! :)
ReplyDeletethey're pretty fabulous!
ReplyDeletewww.whenbabispeaks.com
The hats are amazing works of art!!
ReplyDeleteI adore Philip Treacy hats!!!
These photos are stunning- great post!!!!
Shannon XO :-)
http://fashiondiarylooks4.blogspot.com
Lovely Hats and the photos are great!
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely love this post!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for sharing. :)
x
http://paledivision.blogspot.com/
Love this post! Such amazing fashion:) It's almost like art!
ReplyDeletexo
http://stylusmuse.blogspot.com
Love the hats and hair!
ReplyDeleteWow!Really nice!:)
ReplyDeleteInteresting blog,I'm new follower:)
great post!! amazing collection!!
ReplyDeleteStyleCeviche.blogspot.com
x
I love the parisian style, especially love the head pieces used, love this post really interesting and inspirational to design something similar.
ReplyDeleteThis is a really cool blog, thank you for leaving a comment on my blog so I could find it! I love your style of writing and the way everything is laid out!
ReplyDeleteIf you like my blog please follow.
Aimee
www.new-yorkdoll.blogspot.com
xxx
Oh wow! All those hats are SO cool!
ReplyDeleteAn amazing collection indeed, is one of my favorite also and I also love the collaboration, I mean what can be better for these garments then some crazy head accessories! Your have a lovely blog and I'm a new follower! Hope you'll like my blog and follow back!
ReplyDeletePop Culture&Fashion Magic
The dresses from that second image are out of this world and the hats too :).
ReplyDeletegod the attention to detail is so amazing. x
ReplyDeletehttp://natallino.blogspot.com/
Treacy is the absolute master! I love how your passion for the pieces comes across so well in your writing as well though.
ReplyDeleteI see what you mean about the juxtaposition of soft florals and sharp black; head-to-toe perfection. Thanks for sharing :)
Fi xx
http://thefashionsilverlining.blogspot.com/
Wow these are just to die for, the bags are gorgeous and the designs are amazing. Lovely post chick.
ReplyDeleteCharlee
http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.com
x
Those hair pieces/fascinator are crazy awesome!!!
ReplyDeleteLiesl :)
oh....fabulous collection ♥ I think that oriental elements will be a very strong trend this autumn. My favourite bag is second :) she looks like a stone? :D wow...the whole collection is sooooo good!
ReplyDeleteI'm not a hat person- but thoses are goregous!
ReplyDeletexx
Hi :) on my blog I nominated You to ONE LOVELY BLOG AWARD :)) for details, come to my blog http://www.rapuncela.blogspot.com/ :)
ReplyDelete