Thursday, 4 August 2011

COOL CATS FROM LONDON TOWN

While I was interning at Philip Treacy's studio a couple of months ago, I met some really interesting people. 
Only recently whilst I've been completing my Summer Project my University has given me to do before I go back in the fall, I have really began to appreciate how talented these people are.

Part of our summer project is to devise a diary of contacts - PR companies, models, stylists etc. The diary has to be presented in a contemporary way. I feel that my two month internship at Philip Treacy will really benefit this part of my summer project as I worked in the PR department there. 

I attended a "Ladies Lunch" charity event at the Haymarket Hotel. Philip and Zandra Rhodes presented some of their latest collections and I helped out backstage. I helped the models change into their outfits, made sure their changes were as swift as possible and fixed their hats in place before they hit the run way. It was one of the most thrilling experiences of my life. I remember the atmosphere being unbelievably tense backstage as there was hats scattered EVERYWHERE, it was up to me and another intern from St Martins to find the correct hats for each girl. At the end of the show, Philip was really pleased with our efforts so I felt that our hard work had paid off.

Here are some images from the show.

She looks so fierce in that McQueen jacket. I remember the collar never wanted to sit properly but she worked it!
Couture bubble perspex dome with ornate patent flower trim - I still remember the names of all the hats :))

Chloe Flowerdew
IMG

Zoe Brown
IMG

Zoe Brown
Red flyaway bow

Prior to the Fashion show, some professional models from IMG had castings at Philip's studio. I met the girls featured in Philip's runway show at the Haymarket Hotel and they were all lovely - Chloe Flowerdew, Zoe Brown, Chelsea Donaldson and Katya Ko - she was my favourite.

Katya Ko for Dazed Japan

On a separate occasion, I met some one else who I found particularly fascinating.

One day I was asked to pack some hats for a photographer called Kurtiss Lloyd who was coming to pick up the hats for a photoshoot. I remember feeling terribly embarrassed when he turned up slightly early to collect the hats and they were not packed yet. I invited him up to my office and packed the hats in front of him and in doing so, we began talking. He turned out to be one of the most lovely people I met in London whilst I was interning there.

I recently emailed him and requested if I could use some of his photographs in my Summer Project - not only did he say yes but he also sent me some brand new photographs he's taken recently of some models wearing Philip Treacy hats. He's been so kind and I'd like to show you some of his work.

Here are the results of the hats I packed for his photo shoot.




I think he's so talented. Thank you again Kurtiss for letting me feature you in my project and use your images for this blog post. I'm mostly grateful however, for how kind you were that day. 

I appreciated it so deeply when people took the time to get to know the little Scottish girl when I was tackling big bad London.

xoxo


10 comments:

  1. You are so lucky for having worked for Philip Tracey! What a talented designer he is!

    I like your blog:) I follow you now on Bloglovin and Google, I would love it if you followed me back!

    Chrysa
    Stories and Sequins

    ReplyDelete
  2. Philip Tracey is awesome! You're so lucky! fab post :)

    xx

    Have a nice weekend :)

    www.sickbytrend.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. urgh i am so jealous of your life. i want to work in fashion! congrats on your success chick. x

    http://natallino.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi you have a great blog, just happened to stumble upon it! And that's amazing that you got to do that!

    http://bowtiedbeauty.blogspot.com/

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky you! But I wanna see YOU on the photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! Ironically, I barely took ANY photo's in London of myself. I was too busy :( I took a few of me in my hat though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, certainly an amazing collection of hats! I am completely in love with the cool looking animal print one! Love your blog and now following! Maybe you'll have time to visit my blog:)

    Kisses,
    Annabelle
    http://vivaluxury.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Since doing a project on Philip Treacy, he has been my favourite milliner and you were so lucky to work with him! What was he like?

    If you get a moment, it would mean a lot if you could check out my blog http://thefashionsilverlining.blogspot.com/ and follow if you like it.

    Welldone again,
    Fi xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so nice of that photographer! I hope I meet more people like that when I intern in NYC! Phillip Treacy is so amazing! What an opprotunity :D

    xoxx Monica
    fandml.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab post, I really enjoyed the pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments! I love reading what you have to say.

Think before you type - please don't spoil my blog with unkind words. Share the love!