Saturday, 20 August 2011

SHAKE THE GLITTER!

One of my favourite song lyrics - "Shake The Glitter", courtesy of Katy Perry's 'Waking Up In Vegas' single. 
"Shake The Glitter" reminds me of shaking sequins. Like the feeling when you try on a gorgeous sequin outfit, particularly a dress. Its probably just me who does this but whenever I try on a sequin dress that is so laden with embellishment that it actually feels heavy, I jump up and down in it! I like the sound it makes and I love seeing the sequins dazzle and change colour with movement. 

I've decided to dedicate this post to all items that glitter. 

Everyone needs some glitter in their life. Surely you can reminisce with childlike naivety when you swoon over a pair of glittery high heels. Whenever I see a pair of glittered shoes I always think of Dorothy from the Wizard Of Oz - "there's no place like home!" 

Glitter and calf hair pumps

Glitter and suede peep-toe ankle boots

Glitter and suede bow ankle boots

Glitter and crystal brogues

All shoes above are MIU MIU. I want every single pair.

Vivienne Westwood Anglomania glitter finish jersey stretch dress

Anna Sui embellished tulle mini dress

Matthew Williamson sequin and feather hand-woven dress

Alice By Temperley sequined mesh dress

Oscar De La Renta sequinned tulle and silk-chiffon gown

Temperley London Long Poison embellished tulle gown

You don't have to understand it, but glitter makes me so happy. Not just glittered garments but make up too. I have tonnes of glittery liquid eyeliner and eyeshadow but I never have the courage to use it. 

Giles Deacon 

Vivienne Westwood Red Label 

Dior

John Galliano - THE MAN OF RUNWAY MAKEUP

My idea of a beautiful glittered outfit is this. If I was fortunate to own all the pieces below, I would be a very excited girl.


Markus Lupfer peacock wool sweater, Alexander Wang high rise metallic glitter pants and Pedro Garcia glitter-finish leather ankle boots. AMAZING.

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend! I have zero plans but hopefully my boyfriend comes back from offshore on Monday! (We've not seen each other for over three weeks now)... SOB SOB. 

I've got some exciting blog post ideas coming up over the weekend since I've got some spare time on my hands so keep your eyes open!

Thank you so much to those of you who regularly read my blog and comment - you know who you are! It makes such a difference when people are on here often and not just passing by. It makes me really happy to know you read what I have to say.

New followers please leave your blog links in a comment on my page! I can't look at your pages without a link :( 

Have a lovely weekend everyone,

xoxo

12 comments:

  1. i totally know what you mean about jumping around in a glitter dress... best thing ever!!!

    xo
    www.fluentbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the first Miu Miu shoes and the Matthew Williamson dress!

    Best, Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment on my blog! I have been wanting to get glittery brogues forever...

    www.lookwhatigot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!!!!!
    Love your blog!!!!
    Thank you so much for commenting & following my blog.
    I am following you!!! LOVE those glitter Miu Miu heels- I'm thinking of getting those!!!
    Hope you're having a great weekend. I'm at the salon getting my roots touched up!!! :-)
    Lots of Love,
    Shannon
    http://fashiondiarylooks4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm such a kid at heart - anything shiny will grab my attention! lol So many of the pictures your posted are of gorgeous items. . .would you believe i don't own any all-glitter heels?! what am I doing with my life??

    http://carrymel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post everything is so...well, glittery!! ;) The silver glitter and yellow suede boots are amazing!

    http://thelacquerfactor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. these are such lovlies ashleigh ;) thank you for leaving such sweet comments on my blog. you're such a candy. Stay awesome! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those shoes and dresses are amazing! I'm like a magpie, drawn to sparkly things ;)

    Thanks for your comment :)
    Helen
    http://neverquiteelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love reading your blog, so as long as you're writing, i'm here! i adore glitter, i generally reserve it for winter but why not have it all year round when it's that gorgeous! x

    http://natallino.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah! I always feel the best and girliest wearing some glitter :) That sweater is adorable, and I'd love to own every single pair of shoes you posted, too! Thanks for sharing. Glad to catch up on your blog :)
    Best,
    Danielle
    http://loveandlookpretty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. MIU MIU- that's my number one. When I saw their sneakers I forgot about the whole world...
    sparkling is good but those make-ups are too brave for me :) You know that I found sparkling dress in second hand? :D she is gorgeus but I don't know where I can wear her :D:D
    and...I love Katy's -Waking up in Vegas :D

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments! I love reading what you have to say.

Think before you type - please don't spoil my blog with unkind words. Share the love!