This may sound strange to you, but I feel like my blonde hair gives me such happiness.
Smooches for all the blondies!
I've been every hair colour imaginable, brown (my natural colour), black, red, purple, pink, blue. For some reason, being any other hair colour than blonde upset me. I can tolerate being pink for a short while, but any other colour was not ME.
I like to think I have quite a distinctive look and style, I try so hard to allow my hair to flow with how unpredictable I am. My style is constantly changing, I find it very difficult to put into words what my signature look is. Everyone has a style, but I'm yet to uncover a one word answer to mine. I would never say I dress unfashionably, but I suppose there are many dimensions to my overall appearance.
The only constant that I can think of is that my clothing tends to be quite colourful, I enjoy wearing neutrals too like black and white but injecting colour into your wardrobe is so wonderful and can compliment appearances so well.
There are however, two things I like to keep constant - my hair and make up.
My make up is always a pale foundation base, lots of coats of mascara on my top and bottom lashes to create my desired "Twiggy-eyed" look, dark pink MAC lipstick and then I finish off with highlighter/blusher. I only mix up this regime if I am going on a night out - very rare of me. Even then, I only add black eyeshadow to this. How daring.
Because my clothes are ever-changing, my hair must and always be a blank canvas. I never admitted this before, but last week when I dyed my hair pink, I recoiled in terror. I thought it looked cool, but I quickly began to panic. Suddenly I started to realise just how many outfits would no longer be suited to this wacky hair - the colour clashes would be enough to give any onlooker a migraine. Within twenty minutes of taking photographs of my new freshly candy-flossed hair, I was throwing bleach on my hair in a state of sheer panic in a desperate attempt to regain my blonde locks.
My point is, I love my blonde hair. It makes me feel weightless, like I can get up in the morning and do anything to it and it will still look acceptable. I EVEN get away with letting my roots grow in - very Mary-Kate Olsen.
I long to have my hair done at the BLEACH Salon in London. They are responsible for creating looks for HOH!, Topshop and Hermes.
My blonde hair also represents change.
I would say I've not had the best luck with relationships. With every other boyfriend other than my current partner James, I was known for having longish dark hair. Once James and I got together I felt like I'd been rescued and it was finally time to let go of anything negative that had happened prior, so, I cut off my hair and dyed it bleach blonde. I felt like a new, happier, lighter and fresh person.
I thought I was crazy when I did this but since then, I've discovered that this is quite a normal reaction to break-ups/gaining a new chapter in life. A girl can only put up with so much shit before they want to radically change their life and their appearance follows shortly after.
I've had episodes with changing my hair since my initial blonde dying session, but always retaliated back. I think my blonde hair is very much a trademark and well known attribute of mine. If you don't remember me, you'll remember my hair. Usually because it's not only blonde, it also has a purple rinse through it that old ladies use. People react to it in a love/hate way.
SO, I've decided to dedicate this post to proud blondes who have inspired me. My main inspiration behind my decision to dye my hair is Agyness Deyn. I remember being fascinated by her hair and wishing so hard that one day I could be so brave and cut off my hair and bleach it. Those thoughts are a distant memory now.
Here are my favourite inspirational blondes!
Agyness Deyn
Dolly Parton
The Blondes
Gwen Stefani
Twiggy
Mary Kate Olsen
Kate Moss
Carey Mulligan
And how could I forget...?
Debbie Harry
xoxo
Psssssssssssssssssst... Tomorrow I am attending a Fashion Show. Expect to hear more later!












Hey! Yeah the Clarisonic is super fun to use. Orgasmic.. It's like the vibrator for your pores. HAHA! inapro, sorry. Anyway, I totally understand how hair limits outfits! I went red and all the sudden all I could wear was edgy. Weird! Hair is part of an outfit… what can you say. Hermes? Topshop salon? Wow! Cool! I am really loving your hair! I'd love to see you grow it out although I had short hair for a while, too. Like as short as yours! It takes more effort to style though, right? Either way you are beautiful, Miss!
ReplyDeleteI am having a contest at 100 followers so stay tuned!
xoxx Monica
http://fandml.blogspot.com/
Twiggy's eyes are amazing...!
ReplyDeleteYes! I am LOVING this post! I've never dyed my hair before (I'm naturally blonde), and while sometimes I may want to, I have to say that I am so happy with my hair color. I think it suits me. And I totally understand the whole chopping off hair and feeling like a new person thing! My current boyfriend was in total support of short hair, where in the past I felt like i wouldn't be "pretty" if I had short hair. And it's amazing, and I feel much more confident in myself :) So thanks for this post, dear!
ReplyDeleteDanielle
http://loveandlookpretty.blogspot.com
Debbie Harry has to be my favourite! JS xx
ReplyDeletehttp://januarysublime.com
Girl, I totally get you about keeping your hair to a constant or just anything that you have to wear every day, basically. I had red glasses for five years and I did not have contacts so I always had to wear them. Oh man...red did go with a bunch of outfits but sometimes it just felt out of place! Eeks. I have naturally black hair but I used to bleach parts of it, and sometimes I felt like it was too "punk-ish" for my taste. Love this post, girl. :)
ReplyDeleteforte-espressivo.blogspot.com
You definitely have a very distinct and fabulous look!
ReplyDeleteAnd you are absolutely drop dead gorgeous. :)
Glad being blonde suits you, as long as you are happy, you will look great.
xoxo,
Addie
The Cat Hag
i am a lifelong blonde, so a huge fan of this look! x
ReplyDeletehttp://natallino.blogspot.com
I'm loving this post, blondes unite ;)
ReplyDeleteChosen some great blondes to feature :)
http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.com
Charlee
xx