One of my less Fashion focused posts today I'm afraid!
Please accept my sincerest apologies for the sudden lack of blogging the past three days.
My boyfriend works offshore in the oil industry and I had not seen him in nearly four weeks. He returned home to Aberdeen on Monday so we've been spending all of our time together catching up with each other. My best friends have been very busy too - Claire has been preoccupied redecorating her room, Naomi has been in Paris and Louise has been in Houston! All at once, it seems that everyone is available again so as you can imagine, I've been flooding to these people in the past few days!
Once my boyfriend got back, the first thing we did was visit the local cupcake store - The Blackbird Bakery. I don't know about you, but cupcakes are my ultimate guilty pleasure. I love indulging on the odd cupcake from time to time. My boyfriend and I decided to get a box and share them in the garden this past sunny Monday afternoon. We later took the leftovers back to my house to carry on the cupcake delight!
Marshmallow - I love the glitter cream cheese frosting!
Raspberry - Has whole raspberries folded into the cake mixture - my favourite of all the flavours!
Mint green pastel sprinkled ones
White satin - another close contender for my favourite.
It was really nice eating them out in James' garden. I always scoop out the frosting first then eat the cake ^_^
We went shopping on Tuesday - here's what I wore (you can tell I'm desperately trying to link the post to SOMETHING Fashion related...)
YES, this is becoming so tedious. Jumpsuits, vintage and Westwood. I will say no more. (Regular followers who check out my blog will know this is all I seem to ever wear)
I can't wait for London Fashion Week. I've bought some new outfits that blow my jumpsuits out of the water. I've been so tempted to wear some of the pieces I've collected but I'm trying desperately to bide my time. I really want to christen my new outfits at LFW and I shan't wear them before then!
Today I went to Kilau with Claire and Naomi - Kilau being a cool coffee arty joint in Aberdeen. They always feature artists work and I found their latest exhibit particularly fascinating.
Wild Wolves art work. I love the painted skateboards. The Lucky Cat one is my favourite.
Large late with gingerbread syrup - just what I needed
YUM
Claire
Naomi
Me and Naomi in Kilau
I thought it was only right to retire from blogging strictly about Fashion for one night to let you see what I've been up to! It may not seem exciting, but it feels really special to see the people who are closest to you at the perfect time.
Writing this, I feel very grateful to have the friends I have and I feel incredibly lucky to have such a wonderful boyfriend.
I'm really excited as this weekend my boyfriend and I are going to Glasgow to visit his family and to go London Fashion Week vintage shopping. I aim to wear a mix of vintage/designer to the events.
If I were able to pick up garments such as these during my vintage-binge this weekend, I think I'd die.
Betsey Johnson 90's peaches and cream puffball dress
Bright yellow Mulberry dress
Betsey Johnson black midi-length dress
Betsey Johnson black silk chiffon dress
80's Thierry Mugler navy crepe hooded jumpsuit
BIBA 80's emerald green and black wing cuff jacket
Escada 80's yellow cat design jumper
Mens Burberry mac - who cares?
90's Salvatore Ferragamo Japanese koi fish print jeans
All of these pieces are available @ www.rokit.co.uk I'd have snapped up a couple already had I not been such an awkward fit! - I don't trust ordering anything online without trying it on. Especially vintage sizes.
I'm starting to get really excited, I hope I pick up some good finds. You'll be the first to know if I do.
xoxo
P.S - Thank you new followers! Following you all back although I can't get on to some of your pages. Leave a comment with your blog links please.

























Oh man. The white cupcake looks like it belongs in a wedding! And that leaf pattern on your drink? I love that.
ReplyDeleteAs for fashion related comments, I like that Betsy Peaches and Cream dress. Such a pretty cut.
Love the vivienne, the cupcakes, and the bf! I want one of each :P
ReplyDeleteCan you do me a big favor, please???
Hey, can you please visit my blog and read the post I just wrote? I entered a contest to win a trip to Paris and I need your vote!!!!
Thank you :)
xoxx Monica
http://fandml.blogspot.com/
Love this post Ashleigh!!!!
ReplyDeleteYou look fabulous in the Vivienne Westwood jumpsuit ( Love VW!!!!)
Love your Betsey Johnson vintage peach dress!!!! All the dresses are amazing!!!! I'd love one of those cupcakes!!!!! They look delicious!!!!
Looks like you're having lots of fun!!!!!
http://fashiondiarylooks4.blogspot.com
:-)
love that you and your boyf are reunited, hope you have a lovely time! aside from clothes, cupcakes are my major vice. i literally had a vanilla one 5 mins ago... mentioned you in one of my posts too. x
ReplyDeletehttp://natallino.blogspot.com
those cupcakes look sooooo good!!! p.s. I love your hair
ReplyDeletexo
http://themaverickdiva.blogspot.com