It had to happen sometime. I am home.
I feel really sad to have left my flat in London.
I feel even sadder to have left Philip Treacy. Working in their PR department was a dream come true. Words could never come close to how grateful I am to have been rewarded such a prestigious internship there. I feel so lucky and grateful that I can say that I worked for the Mad Hatter himself, Philip Treacy during the Royal Wedding and Ascot... I was there for his birthday too!
One of the main highlights for me was attending a Fashion show at the Haymarket Hotel - a charity event Philip and Zandra Rhodes participated in. It was here I worked backstage dressing and styling new face models from IMG.
Working for the most renowned couture hat designer in the world has really been an invaluable opportunity. I do not think Philip will ever know how much being a part of the studio in Battersea meant to me.
As a young, freshly graduated first year Fashion student, I don't think I could have been provided with a more quintessentially perfect opportunity. I will always be eternally grateful to Philip Treacy's P.A for providing me with the internship. I think that my time in London working for Philip Treacy contained some of the most stressful and nerve wracking moments of my life, however, these emotions are overcome by the fact that I also feel that I had some of the best moments of my life there too. Moments I will always cherish!
I met so many wonderful and interesting people. People I want to work around and work for some day.
No matter what opportunities come my way, and I have no doubt that many doors will open due to the experience Philip Treacy provided me in the two months I worked there, I will always remember how lucky I was to recieve this amazing internship so young and how much I learned whilst working there.
I feel that my strengths are working within PR. Lucky for me, I further my skills in PR through my degree in Fashion Communication. I would never have realised this if I had not been appointed to work in the PR office at Philip Treacy's studio.
Thank you for the experience.
xoxo
Me and my favourite Philip Treacy hat. The best gift I've ever had!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave comments! I love reading what you have to say.
Think before you type - please don't spoil my blog with unkind words. Share the love!