Wednesday, 28 September 2011

LFW STREET STYLE + COSMOPOLITAN BLOG AWARDS

Hello everyone!

I'm so sorry I've not had a chance to blog recently, as you know I've been at London Fashion Week taking photographs of Street Style and attending exhibitions. I have also had no wifi in my flat. I've been to the library a lot, but just to do work. I've been really motivated since coming back to University for my Second Year because its been so full throttle thus far. I have a great deal of work to be getting on with. Right now I'm planning a photoshoot based around some song lyrics. I'm going home to Aberdeen this weekend to scout some models and take some photographs of locations. I'll tell you more about it nearer the time.




We did some 'shop window research' - in my case, pining over the Vivienne Westwood shops in Oxford Circus

Thank you so much everyone who has tweeted me and said you miss my blogging! I've missed blogging too since I did it everyday, but I have been so busy. Even my boyfriend has been getting on at me for not blogging. I think I've been working myself hard the past week, so I've taken time out this afternoon to catch up with you all.

I didn't want to mention anything until it was confirmed, but I received an email today from Cosmopolitan.co.uk saying that I'd been shortlisted for the Cosmopolitan Blog Awards. I'm totally delighted, I'm glad my hard work has been paying off as I spend a great deal of time perfecting my blog and communicating between my followers. I try and keep this is interesting as possible for you all.
I'm waiting for Cosmo to email me a badge that I can attach to my page so you can vote for me via that, but until now if you could PLEASE click on this link http://www.cosmopolitan.co.uk/blog-awards-2011-vote and vote for me. You simply enter your email address then click on 'student blog' and then Ashleigh Duncan.

Thank you everyone who voted for me, I didn't receive many notifications from any of you stating that you'd gone out of your way to vote for me, but clearly SOMEBODY has! I'm so grateful. Please do take the time to vote for me. It takes two seconds.

As you know, myself and a few of the other students attended London Fashion Week to take photographs of street style which will feed into our Fashion Communication portfolio.

Our Street style images have to have a theme. The theme could be bare legs, patterns, coloured hair, hats etc. I chose menswear as my theme as all of the women I took photographs of were way too contrived and poised. I found the menswear more aesthetically pleasing also. Some really interesting characters were caught by myself outside Somerset House.


















Here is some womwenswear too - not as interesting as the menswear but some of you might disagree...








We also attended a talk in Topshop Oxford St with Alex Fury, saw the ShowStudio Cafe exhibition and the Corrine Day exhibiton (all took place in the Oxford Circus/Bond St area). All were excellent, and really ensightful - especially Corrine Day. The photography of Kate Moss was amazing.



I'm in the library right now and have an unbelievable amount of work to do. I hope you enjoy my street style images and PLEASE vote for my blog on the Cosmo website. I'd be eternally grateful!

I'll try my very hardest to blog again this weekend between taking shots for my up and coming photoshoot!

Thanks again to all who voted for me to get on the Cosmo shortlist in the first place,

xoxo


7 comments:

  1. thank god you're back, i missed you! i'm majorly jealous, this all looks amazing. x

    http://natallino.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Good to have you back! :)

    x
    http://monstrousstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving this post and all of the pictures.. Makes me feel like I was there

    Tammy
    http://afendibagandabadattitude.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh rad! some of those mens outfits are sooo rocking! :)

    http://waituntilthesunset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Vivienne's stores!!!!!! :D They are fabulous! Cool pics and streetstyle

    xx

    Have a nice weekend :)

    www.sickbytrend.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. did you go aswell so did I, it was really good this year loved the catwalk show, I really want a pair of them teddy bear adidas hi tops, look so comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! what an interesting people!!! they have styleeeee

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments! I love reading what you have to say.

Think before you type - please don't spoil my blog with unkind words. Share the love!