Today, I spent some quality time with my two nieces, took some Lookbook photographs with my mum and browsed the Betsey Johnson website.
I have two nieces, Rebecca who is 6 and Chloe who is 1 and a half. I love them to bits and since I'm going back to Galashiels on Friday and I don't know when I'll see them next, I wanted to take some photographs with them to then hopefully get printed and framed.
Little Chloe!
Me and Chloe
Me and Rebecca
All girls together!
Reality is starting to set in really quickly that I'm going back to University on Friday. This week I've been spending time with my friends and family to ensure that I see everyone before I go away as I've no idea when I will next be coming home.
It makes me sad saying goodbye to everyone, but I must get a grip of reality and accept that I had to go back to University some time.
When my mum and I got home from babysitting my nieces, once again I demanded that she took my photographs for Lookbook. I would like to reiterate how clueless she is when it comes to photography (I'm not much better myself, despite being a Fashion Communication student who should have semi decent photography skills), but she always captures a great shot in the end.
Vintage Gala Mondi sheer black mesh body - The Closet Aberdeen
Vintage bird printed Jaeger long shorts - The Closet Aberdeen
Feather lined aran 'Ragged Priest' cardigan - Topshop Oxford St
Vintage pink leather Jacques Vert heels - The Closet Aberdeen
I can't get enough of these shoes. Love the colour pop.
I decided to call this look 'New Skool Navajo' as the bird print on the Jaeger shorts mirrors a tribal style. The feather collar of the 'Ragged Priest' cardigan also reminds me of an Indian headdress so combining the two together results in a cool modern native feel. The colour accents from the Jacques Vert heels and the Vivienne Westwood necklace makes the overall look more contemporary and young. Because I am so petite, I knew when I purchased this cardigan that I'd have to be careful with what I teamed it with as it had potential to swamp me. I think I've mastered the perfect outfit here blending this cosy with sassy.
I'm so happy with the positive response I've had on Lookbook. My Zandra Rhodes outfit I uploaded yesterday already nearly has 100 'hype' so I'm not doing bad for a beginner. I've noticed a few of you who follow my blog have chased up my Lookbook profile too - thank you so much! Hopefully I'll achieve the vice versa - Lookbook users may begin following my blog after discovering me on Lookbook.
My boyfriend loves keeping up with my outfits I post on Lookbook and reading the lovely comments you all leave me (on here and on Lookbook). Today he said he thought I was really 'cool' as my blog is becoming more well known and my Lookbook is going down well. I'm flattered.
After posting my latest ensemble on Lookbook, I logged on to Twitter to see what Betsey Johnson creation Katy Perry had been photographed wearing (I'd read numerous comments about her looking amazing in a BJ skirt). And sure as shooting, she was rocking this fabulous skirt.
Love this checkered garter skirt. Katy Perry really knows how to carry off a Betsey Johnson design.
She wore this Betsey Johnson dress to the 2011 People's Choice Awards. I'm in love with this magenta and turquoise gown - its so 80's and reminds me of a jelly fish. ITS SO CUTE.
After seeing Katy Perry sporting such quirky Betsey Johnson designs, I decided to check out the Designers website.
Here is my pick of my favourite pieces from her on line store.
Cherry Blossom Full Skirt Dress - "lovely Cherry Blossom dress promises sweet style that's perfect for a twilight stroll underneath the stars. The sequined bodice and pleated tulle skirt bottom add feminine flair".
Fish Space Dye Long Sleeve Dress - "metallic threads add aquatic appeal to a space-dyed sweater dress, complete with jacquard-woven fish pattern for deep-sea delight".
Film Noir Skirt - "look totally chic both on and off the screen when you rock this film noir skirt".
The pink one is my favourite, but love the black too!
Tomorrow my mum and I are going shopping. We aim to buy some nice trinkets for my new room in Galashiels. We've decided that I need a full length mirror, a lamp, some photo frames and some counter top fillers such as Art Deco bowls and maybe a vase. We shall look no further than the charity shops for these. I can't wait to see if I pick up anything cool - you'll be the first to know if I do!
xoxo


















Had some time before work so I prioritised and your blog came first!
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love the fish sweater dress! It's so cute and ever since I was in Florida I have been obsessed with Betseys quirky style! (unfortunately I used my bag I had too much and it broke)
Great blog once again Miss Duncan
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteYour nieces are so CUTE :D
ReplyDeleteI love Betsey Johnsons her style is loud, funky and out so there! you can always tell by looking at Katy's outfits and among other celebs that it's her work of creation that they're wearing
(Woops posted twice lol)
Love everything about your vintage outfit! The hair, make up, shoes - everything is on point.
ReplyDeleteWell done you!
x
I love Betsey and I love this post!
ReplyDeletexx
Michaella
fashionableunicorn.blogspot.com
You have some amazing clothes - Love the Ragged Priest Cardi ! Love the Kate Perry pics -I like the magenta and turquoise gown - The colour mix is lovely and its just stunning !!
ReplyDelete:)
What a lovely long entry, hehe I loved reading all about what's going on with you! :)
ReplyDeleteYour nieces are absolutely adorable, and you look so gorgeous in that feathered jacket. <3
xoxo,
Addie
The Cat Hag
Join My Giveaway
You look so cute with the girls next to you :).
ReplyDeleteLove how you work the sheer black with all those colors. The vivienne westwood necklace just fits everything together.
ReplyDeleteI'm just a start up in lookbook. Getting nice pictures is a challenge. I'll look for you there then~
Amazing ensemble, so creative and you look great!!! Also love the family pictures, so sweet.
ReplyDeleteYour nieces are just so cute.
ReplyDeleteI'm loving your look, and your shoes look lovely :)
Charlee
xxx
Nieces are adorable and your style is so unique and chic. Best of luck on school and hope you can still keep up with the blogging!
ReplyDeletewww.redsolesandredwine.com
I'm usually frightened by Katy Perrys looks, but you really pulled it off.
ReplyDelete