Ever since purchasing my vintage Jaeger cardigan, I've wanted to write a post about Fall Fashion.
Now that September has arrived I'm beginning to get excited about the prospect of purchasing some cool Winter knits and cosy pieces - cardigans and jackets are the main pieces I'm excited about purchasing.
Can't get enough of this cardigan. I think its the multicolour zebra print?
For reasons unknown, there is nothing I am looking forward to more than coming home from University for the Winter, teetering off to Starbucks across the slushy ice with my boyfriend and indulging in a large Signature Hot Chocolate (with cream) whilst wearing my snuggly Winter clothes.
I scanned my wardrobe and realised I barely have any Fall/Winter clothes. I was really lucky with my Jaeger cardigan as The Closet (that amazing vintage shop in Aberdeen I constantly talk about) only do two stock changes a year - Summer and Winter season changes. Prior to their Winter clothes stock being swapped with the current Summer pieces, the store manager Elane offered to take in some knits that she thought I might like. I went back to the shop the next day and she showed me two Jaeger cardigans - the one below and an edge to edge black and white one. She also showed me a gorgeous cashmere cardigan with pearls and embellishment.
I chose the first Jaeger cardigan as it went well with some of the pieces I've purchased for London Fashion Week and its very "ME". I love it.
I've resisted all temptation to wear it out as I'm saving it for London Fashion Week. I've only worn it for Lookbook photographs.
Here are the ONLY Winter clothes I appear to own - just the top halves, I wouldn't wear flowery Hawaiian pants in Winter. I practically live in them so we come as a pair nowadays...
Jaeger multicolour knit cardigan - Vintage (The Closet)
Black vest - Topshop
Vintage customised Levi's (Topshop Oxford St)
Tapestry bag - Vintage (Old lady neighbour gave it to me)
Little black leather boots - Vintage (ROKIT Covent Garden)
I love the look from the back the best
Shoulder padded turquoise Zandra Rhodes blazer - Vintage (Mr Bens Glasgow)
Crazy Hawaiian pants - Vintage (ROKIT Covent Garden)
Chancery bag and resin skull necklace (both Vivienne Westwood)
Red leather fringed boots - Kurt Geiger
Its becoming more and more apparent that I pretty much live in my Westwood accessories. I will carry that bag and wear that necklace until the day I die.
The Zandra Rhodes outfit may not strike you as very Wintery, but its actually quite warm and cosy as its a few sizes too big. I love the cool-toned turquoise colour too. I'll probably wear this as a throw over on nights out during the Festive Season.
I've always wanted to purchase a Zandra Rhodes piece since meeting her in London - she's kooky and amazing.
Feathered roll-sleeve cardigan - 'The Ragged Priest' (Topshop Oxford St)
Rest of my ensemble - as before.
I purchased this cardigan whilst I was living in London and it's UNBELIEVABLY hot. I don't know what I was thinking buying this as temperatures in London varied from 25-30 degrees when I was there, not to mention the tubes that I caught to and from work were much warmer.
I can't wait to get good use of this in the Winter. Love the feather detailing.
Faux-leopard coat - New Look (I bought this last year when I was a Sales Advisor there and it must be the only piece of New Look clothing that I've not trashed. Its so cosy and I love accessorising it with vintage brooches to keep it looking mature and more expensive!)
I enjoy adding to my brooch collection when I can
As you can see, my Winter collection is not up to scratch, but I have plenty of time to pick up some more knits and jackets. I'll hopefully pick up some more pieces in the charity shops in Galashiels nearer Winter time.
In the mean time, here is my selection of some of my favourite Winter Pieces from Beyond Retro. Their online store is incredible. I may have to make a few Christmas present requests from here...
1970's fringe-trim vintage poncho
1960's vintage cape
1980's vintage folk leather jacket - love this the most.
Vintage terracotta 1990's smart jacket
Vintage chic black and crimson 1990's jacket
Vintage 1990's casual abstract print coat
...Oops. Did I say the word 'Christmas'...? I'm horrifically excited for Christmas already. I don't suppose the fact I've watched Elf repetitively in the past couple of weeks has helped.
The other day I was hanging out some washing when everything around me seemed to turn pink. I gazed up at the sky, ran back into my house to grab my camera and took this photograph of the sun setting on my Nikon.
Seeing this made me really miss my boyfriend James. Sorry regular followers who know this but I would just like to reiterate to those of you who don't - my boyfriend works offshore and goes away for weeks at a time. Sometimes it gets a little hard as I miss him A LOT (we've been together for nearly four years and are pretty much joined at the hip). Its a scary thought that the next time I see him he will have travelled up to my new house in Galashiels and I will be a second year Fashion Communication student.
What I want to say is this. Thank you so much to everyone who follows my blog, comments, tweets me, talks to me on Lookbook... I know who my regular followers are at it means so much to me to read your comments on my posts.
The comments I read and the sheer volume of people who have started following my blog in such a short space of time inspires me to post as much as I do, and it really takes my mind off of being nervous about going back to University and missing my boyfriend.
Please continue to read my blog as often as possible and recommend it to others. I try really hard to not limit this blog and make it as cosmopolitan as possible so it appeals to everyone.
My mum has been taking my Lookbook photographs. Watching her attempt to work an SLR is hilarious. We laugh together though and I think she enjoys seeing me put together my outfits for her to shoot.
Although recently, my blog would appear to new followers that its a "personal style blog". Apologies to those of you who are not into that kind of thing, but I want to show off my new vintage purchases as much as possible! (no point in buying gorgeous clothes to keep them hidden in a wardrobe)
ALSO, please please please nominate me for the Cosmopolitan Blog Award. I'd be thrilled if even a couple of you would. The badge is at the top of my page, if you would be so kind...
xoxo


















You have such a unique sense of style, I always enjoy seeing what you'll come up with next! (and that's a compliment!) :)
ReplyDeleteJulia
Cup of Tea
http://cupoftea-style.blogspot.com
Hi! I saw your first comment (and the second). no one's ever told me I look like Tyra haha! But thanks so much for the compliment! I love her!
ReplyDelete-Crystin
I swear, you have the most involved posts.
ReplyDeleteI don't lack winter clothes considering winters here are nothing, but I have to say that I really enjoy them and always want more.
I love your Jaeger knit cardigan. I love what you paired the Zandra Rhodes top with. The faux fur leopard coat is amazing- you look fabulous!!!!!
ReplyDeleteYou really have a talent for styling!!! The brooch looks great with the coat!!!
Amazing photos!!!! Love everything!!!!!
Shannon :-)
http://fashiondiarylooks4.blogspot.com
I really love your haircut and your bold choice of clothing.So cute :)
ReplyDeleteso many nice things to this post!!!! :D :D
ReplyDeleteVeronica
blameboogie.blogspot.com
Ow I really like the first outfit!
ReplyDeleteI love all the clothes!!! I love this post!!!!
ReplyDeletexx
Michaella
fashionableunicorn.blogspot.com
I completely understand how therapeutic writing can be and your posts are a pleasure to read! :)
ReplyDeleteI love the eighties feel to the Jaeger cardigan and the New Look fur coat is soo cute (can't wait to get mine out again for Winter!)
I've concluded a tripod will be much more successful than my mum for taking pictures! She didn't even tell me when the picture had been taken so I stood there gormless until my face ached lol.
Anyway good luck for the new year and I am sure you will be amazing! You have such passion and drive and I look forward to hearing all about your progress!
Fi xx
http://thefashionsilverlining.blogspot.com/
thanks for your comment on our blog, we love vougue italia too of course!!
ReplyDeleteYou have great personal style!! now following x
I love love LOVE all of your outfits! I wish I had as much gumption as you!
ReplyDelete-Katherine
www.byKatherineElizabeth.com