Friday, 9 September 2011

CHARITY SHOP FINDS

Hello everyone!

Just a quick post today. I'm packing for moving back to University tomorrow and so far I have 2 giant suitcases filled with clothes and 5 large cardboard boxes filled with books, Fashion magazines, bags, hats, my TV, XBOX, ornaments, jewellery etc... I'm not even sure if I'm done yet but I'm so tired I'm calling it quits for now and I shall leave it for a last minute rush in the morning.

As you know, I ventured to the charity shop yesterday in search of vintage pottery, plates, antiques, vases, jewellery boxes and lamps for my new room. Sadly, I found none of this. However, I DID manage to purchase some incense from a very strange Pagan-ran shop called 'Merlin's Grove' AND I snatched up a Burberry scarf in Sue Ryder (local charity shop in town) for............ £1.25!!




I did all the on line checks to see if it is real - checking the tag, material and check of the scarf and its passed with flying colours! I believe someone passed it on to the charity shop not mentioning it was Designer or not knowing it was Designer and therefore they've priced it so low. 

Since I couldn't get any cool pottery for my new house to decorate my room, my neighbour helped me out and gave me some pieces.





I got a crystal jam dish a crystal grapefruit dish, two bowls, a green scarf and a leopard print scarf and finally a green leather bag.

I can't wait to redecorate my new room. I'm really sad to be leaving but excited at the same time. London Fashion Week is coming too - I can't wait!

Wish me luck, I'm nervous for going back and moving into a strange new house. Excited for burning my new incense though - I'm letting my inner hippie out...

xoxo




17 comments:

  1. Hi Ashleigh!!!! :-)
    Great Burberry scarf- I know you will pair it with a fabulous outfit!!!
    I mentioned you in my latest blog post. :-)
    You are going to look amazing during LFW; I can't wait to see photos!!!
    http://fashiondiarylooks4.blogspot.com
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great find. Good luck with the last min packing; I have to actually move into a new accommodation so imagine that and uni starts in less than 2weeks. :(
    xxxAfeeyahxxx http://smilerrr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Burberry??? You lucky girl!! In one of secondhands I found a bag Burberry, but it was fake ;/ don't be scared :* everything will be ok :) best wishes from Poland xoxo :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love that scarf!

    xx,
    theemeraldsun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Bargain :) I know you'll be smug wearing that.
    I love charity shops because you never know what you're going to find.
    I just did a small post about some stuff I found but certainly not as good as that.
    Have a wickid time going back to uni. I moved last Sunday to a new flat and finally slept in a fully made bed last night haha!
    Ax

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI :) it's me again :D I have a question...Do You know any idioms in english, which are related with "education&school"? I ask You, because if I will write most of them, I could win a tickets to cinema :)) Can You help me? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pottery! Need to get ourselves some for our house too! JS xx

    http://january-sublime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. cool :))
    im following u with bloglovin..hope u follow back:)
    xx,Bisera

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look super great in that photo wearing the scarf. I expect to see it more in future outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi everyone. Thank you for your lovely comments.

    I'm back at University now and this was my first day. I'm settling in quite well despite missing home and still finding my feet.

    We do not get WIFI (internet) until next Monday so it will be a while until I can do a blog update or reply personally to comments. I am using the library computer just now and only have time to reply on here!

    I promise I'll get back to everyone after London Fashion Week - I leave on Thursday and come back on the following Wednesday. Expect a big blog update then!

    In the mean time, let me know if you choose to follow my blog. Leave links here :)

    Thank you again,

    A xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the china you got - it's gorgeous! Great charity shop find as well.

    Polly x

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love a good charity shop find! lucky you. x

    http://natallino.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely stunning finds!have a lovely day!
    jewellerybijou.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow lovely find; and btw I voted your blog for an award; please check my page for more details. xxxAfeeyahxxx
    smilerrr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. like you found Burberry in a charity shop.. how lucky love it and all the other nic nacs you got its so fun you never know what you'll find :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments! I love reading what you have to say.

Think before you type - please don't spoil my blog with unkind words. Share the love!