Tuesday, 5 April 2011

LDN

Two weeks yesterday, I am venturing to London to fulfil an 8 week internship.

I am so excited at the entire prospect of visiting London. I have visited there many times and I've always felt like I have belonged there. I feel so at home with the town, fashion, culture and general buzz.

I am aware that there will be times when I feel lonely and scared but I aim to preoccupy myself to the maximum to take my mind off of the casual day-to-day worries that will add to my anxiety such as missing my friends/boyfriend/cat etc...

My boyfriend and I are travelling down on the 17th and he's staying with me in my rented flat for a few days to get me started as I am so uncoordinated and I will require not only someone who can understand a map, but someone to lean on whilst I'm still finding my feet.

I have a couple of things I wish to do when I arrive. After watching Lily Allen's Riches To Rags documentary, I have jumped on the inevitable band wagon of people wishing to visit her vintage store in Covent Garden. As a Fashion student, I'd love to visit her shop to unveil if all the hype is true and report back to my friends from University. Not to mention I want some new clothes!
My father and I also went for a divine meal in the "China Town" section of Covent Garden. I wish to return there with my boyfriend for something to eat in the evening time.

These two activities aside, I have no idea what I will do on the weekends to preoccupy myself. When my boyfriend leaves, I imagine in the evening I will be really tired from working and will probably just want to relax in my room with a couple of DVD's. I have also decided to compile a thoughts journal/sketchbook of my experience at my internship. At the weekends however, I predict there will be times where I feel lonely and kind of lost... This is why I am writing this blog.

Does anyone have any ideas of anything I can do that is not costly in my spare time in London? Although I will be interning, I wish to embrace as much fashion/culture in London as possible whilst I am there. I am not entirely familiar with London, therefore I do not where there are nice vintage stores or quirky boutiques... Or even an interesting museum to visit. Any recommendations/ideas would be very much appreciated. I would love to visit some one-off clothing shops or cute coffee bars... I am also keen on doing "tourist-y" activities as long as they are not expensive.

Please someone/anyone reply, any suggestion would be highly valued!

xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Same here! I'm living in Tokyo right now for my internship. I would love to get some advice on what to do as well.
    I'm going to some rock lives and festivals - for inspiration. I just love the crowd. Fashion exhibition of new designers are interesting as well.

    Just a word of advice, make sure you won't end up spending your time there just working. I realized after the crisis here that the only thing I did was work and grocery shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've never been to London but if I did travel there then I would go to their antique markets! And I'd definitely go to shakespeares globe theatre too!

    xo
    http://themaverickdiva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been to london but if I traveled there I would definitely see some sights, eat at "mom and pop" restaraunts, take lots of pictures and go shopping!!!!

    http://hollydollyfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh goodluck, enjoy it, and hey theres nothing more satisfying and budget friendly then fashion watching x

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh good luck! I am soo jealous but you will kick ass!!:)

    as for things to do, Spitalfield and Brick Lane Markets are a must for vintage shopping.They will blow your mind! :) Portobello Road is also worth a shot! Dover St Market is also fab,but its all designer brands so unfortunately Yamamoto and Mr Kane were a little out my budget :(

    When I was there in Feb, we went to this adorable Italian coffee place called Princi's. Id definately recommend it! :)

    Anyways have fuunn! :)

    http://fight-fires-in-your-best-clothes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. good luck and enjoy :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments! I love reading what you have to say.

Think before you type - please don't spoil my blog with unkind words. Share the love!