Apologies for lack of blog posts, but as you can imagine, things have been CRAZY recently.
That is me officially 1 week into my internship now. (I worked Monday till Thursday and have today off as it is "Good Friday")
So far so good, I am absolutely loving my internship despite the workload being heavy and very tiring. I have seen some beautiful creations and met wonderful people and I like to thing that as each day progresses I am improving and becoming quicker at what I do.
I love my accommodation also. I feel that where I live plays a major factor in my state of well being here. For those of you that do not know, I lived in the Halls Of Residence in Galashiels for 6 months and I cannot stress enough how horrific they were. Pretty much non existent "Wi-Fi", shoe box sized rooms, sharing 2 bathrooms (both leaked dirty toilet water from the block above) between 12 people, sharing the tiniest kitchen between 12 people (fridge space was a major issue), spider egg ridden window panes (with mother spiders inside my room to match) and constant noise due to paper thin walls/ceilings???
My room in London is huuuuuuuuuge. Double bed and an ensuite with loads of counter/storage space. I feel that if I hadn't lived in my Halls Of Residence in Galashiels, I would not be half as appreciative of my current surroundings.
The weather is GORGEOUS. This also contributes to my good mood as I am one that suffers mentally from bad weather. It must be at least 25 degrees today as this was the temperature on Tuesday and it is MUCH hotter today. This means that I can sit outside with my book blissfully when I am bored.
The internet is super fast. I can stream television quickly without any delays and this is a god send compared to Galashiels.
Only problem is I am alone. This was not a problem in Galashiels.
I was invited out over the weekend with a work friend to spend Easter with her, yet I don't want to impose as I feel I've not known her long enough to join her and her friends yet. SO, this Easter, I will be spending it alone for the first time ever. This is why I don't want to sound too romantic about London as I am here to work and I do not know ANYONE in or around London. So sadly, I do not have the luxury of having a second opinion whilst I stroll through Topshop Oxford St.
Today's aims -
- Study for the Mediums and Materials exam coming up. (certainly will fail)
- Start my sketchbook for what I am learning whilst being at my internship
- Get some food.
I am still to scared to venture into the kitchen yet as I do not know the people on my floor quite yet. For dinner so far, I have went to Victoria Station and picked up some sushi to take home. I'm not entirely sure what I will do today, but it will be yummy nonetheless.
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave comments! I love reading what you have to say.
Think before you type - please don't spoil my blog with unkind words. Share the love!