Friday, 14 October 2011

MY LATEST VINTAGE FINDS

While going home for the weekend, I not only photographed garments for my up and coming photoshoot this Saturday, but I also browsed The Closet for some vintage pieces. 

I picked up a BIBA knitted top and a candy floss pink jacket.





I'm in love with this BIBA top. I had my eye on it for a while and was sure someone would have bought it by now. Fortunately for me, no one had purchased it and it had been sitting on the shop floor for quite some time. I love the hand embellished pearl detailing and the colour is adorable.

I've decided to photograph some other garments that could be worn on top of the BIBA piece. It's starting to get awfully wintery outside, so I will have to make the most of these outfits before it becomes too frosty and bitter.

Love the pastel pink against this vintage Zandra Rhodes turquoise jacket. 

I wore this particular combination to Uni today, not particularly warm, but the colours in the vintage shiny blazer compliment the top well.

Both outfits to be worn with these high waisted American Apparel leggings. I love using these leggings as a starting point for an outfit, they pretty much go with everything in my wardrobe. (And no, that magazine pull of Boy George stuck to my bedroom door is not part of the leggings)

I also bought this candy floss coloured jacket. The cut and shape is so Jill Sander-esque. I love the square buttons too with the diamonte stones.

Really cute 80's style

I thought this looked great teamed with my vintage Gala Mondi sheer black body.

The jacket would also look amazing with a contrasting coloured vest. Sadly, I don't own one of those so I'm making do with black!

When I tried the blazer on, I was wearing these leopard print shorts from Topshop Oxford Street, Henry Holland for Pretty Polly tights and a plain black vest. I thought the animal print looked really quirky with the pink jacket. The Henry Holland tights I was wearing were the 'Alphabetights". I purchased them on ASOS last week and I can't get enough of them!


I also bought the knee high House Of Holland pink striped tights exclusive to ASOS. I have no idea why I have an obsession with pink recently but I'm so in love with pastel colours.


I think that these knee high socks would look really cute with the pink coat and leopard print shorts.

I'm obsessed with hosiery! Also love these HOH tights. What pair is your favourite? 


CELEBRITY FANS INCLUDE...

Pixie Geldof

Pixie Lott

Fearne Cotton

Agyness Deyn

Jessie J

Believe it or not, this is my third attempt at finishing this post! I have honestly been so busy with the planning and preparation for my photoshoot, that I've taken three sessions to add more to this post before finally completing it.

My photoshoot is tomorrow and I'm SO excited. It feeds towards my final grade for Fashion Communication. Check out my previous blog posts for more details, today I've decided to stray away from blogging solemnly about my course work to add some fresh posts to my page. 

Wish me luck for tomorrow's shoot, you must be able to tell that its meant a lot to me considering I've went from blogging every single day to once/twice a week. Sorry everyone, I promise I'll blog more when my photoshoot is done.

Please continue to vote for me for the Student Cosmopolitan Blog Award. I'd be so grateful if I won!

Have a lovely weekend

xoxo



4 comments:

  1. Great finds!!!!!
    Love the star tights!!!!
    Check out some of my new Chanel items & vintage fur coat....
    Good luck on your photo shoot!!! You'll be great!!!!
    http://fashiondiarylooks4.blogspot.com
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. świetny blog . ;)
    dodajemy ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your vintage finds, especially the leopard short! adore your blog dear <3

    follow me if you love to, and i'll follow you back :)

    http://mithakomala.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. you really do come across some really good things.. I love the printed tights quirky:)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments! I love reading what you have to say.

Think before you type - please don't spoil my blog with unkind words. Share the love!