I've been blogging about this for the past couple of weeks and losing sleep over it for the last month and I've finally done it! Here are some images from my Fashion Communication photo shoot that I took on Saturday.
I've blogged about this day in and day out, but for those of you catching up with my blog now, the story/concept behind my shoot is that a young woman has been thrown out of her flat with no money after having a fall out with her boyfriend. She grabbed a suitcase of her favourite items of clothing - fur jackets, art deco necklaces and night dresses and decided to take shelter in a run down ex-hotel for the night. This story stemmed from the song lyrics '10.30 in this hotel room, you and I locked in the gloom'.
The styling of the shoot is supposed to reflect a 1950's feel, although some contemporary aspects of the backdrop/setting are contemporary. In retrospect, these juxtaposing contrasts work well within the context of the story.
The photos have to be shot in the style of i.D magazine and I think these photographs reflect the magazines appearance well. I also think the photographs would appeal to the readership of i.D.
The model I've featured is Samantha Hair - a third year Fashion Design student from Grays School Of Art, Aberdeen. All clothes are genuine vintage pieces from 'The Closet Shop' Aberdeen.
I shot these photographs in one of my dads flats (he's a landlord). The flat is shabby and in need of attention, but the location is perfect for my story. I love the Edwardian features such as the elaborate railings on the staircase. This ties in nicely with the 50's feel I sought to recreate.
I hope you enjoy the photographs, a great deal of time and effort went into the planning and preparation behind it. I'm so delighted with the outcome, I just hope my lecturer agrees!
xoxo

Ashleigh these are FANTASTIC!!! Well done mdear, Sam looks SO realistic & sad, I nearly cried!!
ReplyDeletexx
http://lapetiteplumes.blogspot.com
GREAT PHOTO'S!
ReplyDeleteThese are fabulous! I especially love the one where the model is lying on the stairs, near the beginning. Great job!
ReplyDeleteJulia
Cup of Tea
http://cupoftea-style.blogspot.com
I like these and really like...
ReplyDelete2nd shot - love the light & posse
4th shot - love the use of stairs !!
15th shot - very realistic, natural posse
18th shot - My favourite - great picture
21st shot - thats a really good picture - dont know why but it is
:0)
p.
OMG Ashleigh! your photos are so beautiful! everything is perfect! your model was very brave to shoot some of the pictures! i hope you got an A++ :D xxx
ReplyDelete