I'm testing out my 'final eight' images from my photo shoot.
We can only submit eight to be graded for the Fashion Communication module and I believe that the images below are my final choice. All of the photographs I submit will be in full colour, although I have featured my final eight in black and white too - just so I can examine the contrast clearly.
All of these photographs are raw and unedited (other than duplicating the originals to black and white of course). There were others photographs I prefer, but I did not want several of my final images to have similar poses or costumes.
The editing process has been really tough, I'm glad I didn't wait until the weekend to start planning out my final eight considering I stayed up until 4AM last night fretting over it.
With my sketchbook nearly finished and the end of the module nearing closer, I can truly say that I've really enjoyed the Fashion Photography course. At first I felt really threatened at the prospect of finding a location and model, styling them, coming up with a story/theme for the photoshoot and finding my own garments. Not because I prefer working in a team as I actually work better independently, but because we were working on a six week time frame, there really was no room for error as it would have cost me so much time.
Reflecting back at Fashion Photography in hindsight, although I really enjoyed the actual photography on the big day of the shoot, I felt so in my element when it came to the styling. I get so excited when it comes to picking out elaborate garments that will photograph like a dream... Especially if they are vintage.
One day, I'd love to be as big as Patricia Field. I'm currently OBSESSED with the SATC boxset and I always find myself pining over Field's styling of the famous SATC girls (particularly Samantha and OF COURSE Carries wardrobes).
This is so typically me and so bias as Westwood could do no wrong in my eyes, but this is my all time favourite Carrie outfit. I remember writing my Advanced Higher Art dissertation on this dress and I'm 100% sure I've dedicated a whole post to this in the past...
YOUCH
Love this too...
I would definitely wear this. Its so wrong but so, so right.
I don't usually mix work and play with my blog posts, but I've not been too personal recently and blogging predominantly about University work.
I often flit between ideas of what Fashion career path I'll follow. After working at Philip Treacy I was SURE I would work in PR upon graduating, but sometimes I like the idea of being a writer or a stylist. The prospect of being an accessories editor has always appealed to me also (I have a reoccurring dream that I'm chief accessories editor at Harper's Bazaar, I believe this is where the sudden accessories pang has stemmed from).
Next week, we start our 'Still Life' module. I believe we will be photographing accessories so I have no doubt that I'll be in my element...
xoxo
P.S... Thank you to everyone who voted for me to win the Cosmopolitan Blog Award. It would be a dream come true if I won. I really do work hard to make this blog as unique and diverse as possible whilst documenting my own work to show you all. I'm really honoured and flattered that I have been nominated to win an award and no matter what the outcome will be, I will never forget that. I would recommend any First Year Fashion Communication students to do the same as I have done and blog as much as possible and enter competitions such as the Cosmopolitan Blog Awards. It's great to include on your CV, even if you do not win.
This blog started out as a minor piece of work that my lecturers asked me to start last year and it soon became a diary that followed my journey to where I am now - from an amateur clueless student, to moving to London to work at Philip Treacy to now showcasing my best photography work.
I've had some great opportunities from people that have been inspired by my blog such as the Cosmopolitan Blog Awards, being allowed to borrow vintage clothing to show on here and friends from back in Aberdeen asking me to show my photographs at charity events. Not to mention the amount of people who give me 'shout outs' on their blogs from all over the world and others saying they're inspired by what I've wrote and then decided to create their own blog or expand on their own.
Thank you to Cosmopolitan.co.uk for choosing me, I'm so happy that I'm nominated.












good luck! i love sex and the city fashion as well! carrie can wear anything and when she does it always works!
ReplyDeletelove the image with the blue stairs, interesting concept and how you have made the model look and how the emotion is showed through the photography.
ReplyDelete