Thursday, 1 December 2011

MOVING IMAGE

For our Fashion Communication 'Moving Image' module, we were asked to select a brand from Urban Outfitters and shoot a Fashion film in the style of that brand.

The brand I chose is Vivienne Westwood - 'Anglomania'.

As I am an avid Vivienne Westwood worshipper, I dived straight into the idea of using her Anglomania line as the basis of my fashion film

To support my fashion film, I also had to construct a Vivienne Westwood Anglomania research book, an installation sketch of how I wished the Anglomania brand to be presented upon the shop floor of Urban Outfitters and two A3 concept sheets of the theme I wished my Anglomania fashion film to exude.

Looking deeply into models and styling that Westwood usually uses, it became apparent to me that a 'scarecrow' theme was emerging. 




I was particularly inspired by the makeup applied at the Vivienne Westwood Paris Fashion Week Fall 2011 show. I thought that the black and white facepaint had a certain 'scarecrow-esque' look. 




From the 'scarecrow' theme, I then developed this into investigating 'the yellow brick road'. It can be noted that there are an abundance of gold references that can be made in association with Westwood - Gold label, golden runways, gold makeup...




In order for my Fashion film to incorporate both of these interesting concepts, I merged these two themes together and focused on having a 'scarecrow girl' as my main character who then snorts gold. This in turn, creates a fun and quite sinister fashion film that has an element of fantasy. I think it reflects Vivienne Westwood's style quite well, although it is as unique interpretation of her work as I wanted to avoid being too literal with pirate, punk and new romantics styles that I initially focused on.

STYLING







I tried to make my model Tatianna as scarecrow-like as possible, using nudes/greys/blacks, draping clothing and Melissa heels to emphasise the Westwood style. 

The makeup is clearly inspired by the show I referenced - Although I tried to make it look a bit rougher and more hatched so it looked a bit like hay.

So, here is my first ever fashion film. Hope you enjoy! (click on link to make it bigger)


xoxo



4 comments:

  1. Wow, that video is pretty dope. I liked the music and movements and everything. Nice work. Your blog is very educational. Following now.

    Sophia
    http://lasophialasophia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on your first fashion film - great choice with Westwood :)
    Polly x
    (http://soulisrainingclothes.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments! I love reading what you have to say.

Think before you type - please don't spoil my blog with unkind words. Share the love!