Tuesday, 22 March 2011

Hair

To me, good hair has always been a necessity.

I find hair a way of expressing your individuality. I have great admiration for those who have strange hairstyles that work in context to the individuals personality.

My so called "taste" in hair however, is likely to have been disputed against. I have an exact depiction of what I feel that beauty is which many are open to disagree with. (Clearly, I did something wrong in my last year at Hazlehead Academy as I was voted "worst hair" in the school Year Book) *Please note the sarcasm contained in the words in brackets* ...

I've always been open to changing my hair styles and/or colour regularly. However since arriving in Galashiels I have not felt as obliged to do so as I have not had the time or resources to do so.

After having a week of vibrant pink hair, I have now returned to my "natural" blonde/white colour.

This colour would be great had I had my hair cut into my usual pixie-esque style, however due to limitations in regards to styling, I have now decided to grow my hair over the Summer.

Because I am going to be eager to try crazy new hairstyles yet my hair will grow to that awkward length where my visions are not really feasible, I have decided to experiment with colour.

In order to seek inspiration, I have turned to the cat walk/ other fashion blogs for influences.

I have always had an obsession with pastel coloured hair. The colours are understated yet high maintenance. In my experience through colouring my hair candy-floss-pink, the dye would have to be mixed with water and applied. I would have to repeat this process every couple of days to allow the colour to appear fresh.
It was a long and gruelling process, however in order to stop myself from being tempted to cut all my hair off during the Summer period, I feel that I will have to go back to my usual experimentation with hair colours to divert my attention.

Here are some examples of the hair colours I wish to try. If anyone has any ideas, preferences and equally, objections to these, let me know!



White curled hair - not too far off my current colour. I would love this style once my hair had grown - a lot
(DIOR BACKSTAGE)


Pink tightly curled hair
(GALLIANO)


Grey 1950's style hair
(GALLIANO)


(GALLIANO)


Pastel pink candy-floss hair - love this colour


Very light pink hair


Pastel pink hair


Really like the colour to the right - may try out this colour.


Crazy hair
(GALLIANO BACKSTAGE)


Nicola Roberts pink/red hair. I've always loved her style.

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I love the first picture and the fourth picture. The fourth one especially I can see you with. Hope it's a little bit helpful!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments! I love reading what you have to say.

Think before you type - please don't spoil my blog with unkind words. Share the love!