Hello!
Its Saturday night and its nearly 12pm as I am starting this blog post. I'm determined to get back into blogging once a week at the very least and I really want to post all my photographs from Sophie Hulme ASAP considering my experience interning there is still very fresh in my mind.
I worked for Sophie Hulme for two and a half weeks. I worked two weeks prior to her Presentation at London Fashion Week and I attended her Presentation and was backstage dressing models.
Image sourced from http://ccinmyveins.blogspot.com/2008/07/featurette-sophie-hulme.html
All other photography belongs to me
Sophie graduated from Kingston University in 2007 as 'Student Of The Year' and was awarded 'Best Collection' too. She established her very own label just two months later. She is now based in a Studio in Islington.
Her garments are very feminine with a hard masculine edge which gives a tough appeal. Many of her pieces are sold as menswear and have a luxe aesthetic. Each Season she releases a 'trinket' to accompany her pieces. This means that members of the public who shop Sophie Hulme regularly, are rewarded with various charms and chains to create their own personalised jewellery.
Gold plated biro pen charms
Sophie Hulme's clothing is now sold in Selfridges and B Store (London). It can also be found in Opening Ceremony (Japan), Joyce (China) and Luisa via Roma (Italy).
Her collection shown at London Fashion Week (Sophie Hulme A/W 12) was absolutely beautiful. Her signature armoured bags played a huge feature in the Presentation, as did her collaborative Globe Trotter brass plated suitcases.
The gold plated brass jewellery married with the bags perfectly. The charms were so endearing - ranging from bubble blowers to police whistles (which worked by the way!).
The garments toyed with dinosaur lace, mohair and sheepskin. Each piece exuded luxury but was so wearable and elegant. I had a particular soft spot for the mohair dinosaur printed granddad cardigan (below).
The dinosaur printed garments were so playful yet had a hard edge. Cute with a hard chic toughness.
I photographed models backstage getting their hair and makeup done. I am no photographer, but I really enjoyed capturing this creative process. Watching the models metamorphosis in front of me was fascinating. Each of the models had completely different facial structures but were linked together with the Sophie Hulme smoky eye and textured matte hair. I found it really interesting to see how they transformed so quickly.
Oh and did I forget to mention the humongous gold plated dinosaur installation?
Amazing.
I'm sad to have finished my internship at Sophie Hulme but I am honoured to say that I have played a role in her rising success. What she has achieved at such a young age in the notoriously competitive Fashion industry deserves applause. I am really excited for what she has in store for the future...
xoxo
P.S.. If you wish to use any of my photography, please ask first.
COMING TOMORROW - SOPHIE HULME INTERVIEW!























Excellent!
ReplyDeletePhotography skills getting better all the time!
I really adore those suitcases - so retro!
And the dinosaur lace things were beautiful too.
Lovely to be able to see the detail that is not obvious on the catwalk or in some of the stills.
Lovely work xxxxx