Sunday, 14 November 2010

Lazy Sunday

It's Sunday and my homework for Monday is done, the Fashion Show is over and I'm now moving onto studying for the Fashion Marketing exam.

For Monday we were asked to compare and contrast Harvey Nichols and Topshop in Edinburgh. Although I think this was one of the harder tasks we have been set to do for our sketchbook, I found it interesting comparing the two stores. Its amazing how I used to find Topshop such a God send, but it crumbles in comparison to Harvey Nichols. My favourite part of the exercise was observing Harvey Nichols elaborate window displays. Their Christmas decorations have put me in the festive mood!

Speaking of Christmas, I have already set myself a Christmas list. I am hoping every item on my list will be bought for myself as my parents should still be feeling sorry for me as I am no longer living at home. I guess this Christmas will determine if distance really does make the heart (and money) grow fonder?




The fashion show was a success, other than when it was my turn to show my final outfit down the runway and the music cut out... It was a typical FML moment. The first image is Stacey Nicols dress, the second is Fiona Jones' and the last is my dress which Rebecca Foran is modelling. Out of all the creations I saw, Stacey's was by far my favourite. It seemed to be a perfect combination between Peter Pan and The New Romantics. I still can't believe this girl is leaving after Christmas, she's so talented!

Now that its half way through the day, the rest of my evening will consist of revising for Fashion Marketing, watching the rest of Million Dollar Baby, meeting and greeting my friends who went home this weekend, and drinking vanilla chai late... Yum.

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I love the dresses! Really like the neckline on your one, very nice missy :)

    x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments! I love reading what you have to say.

Think before you type - please don't spoil my blog with unkind words. Share the love!